For sale

700xcsp

I have (2) 1972 Arctic Cat Panthers that I am selling as a pair. 1 is a parts sled and has been outside this winter and the other runs but needs to have the main drive wheels installed (I have them). Last year the drive wheels dry rotted and cracked, the sled will move a little bit but they are falling apart. I made the one sled 100% original as I used parts off of the parts sled (1st pic) and took every nut and bolt off that I needed to make 1 good sled. I rode the good sled last year quite a bit and it does run decent for an older sled. I would say that the first $300 takes them both. Please email me at mschultz@ur.com with questions. Located in New Lenox, IL. I do travel for work so I can probably meet in WI, IA, IN or Southern MI if needed.

Attachments

• 1972 Panther Old.jpg
    1972 Panther Old.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 1972 Panther.jpg
    1972 Panther.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Matt's Pictures 059.jpg
    Matt's Pictures 059.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Sled 3.jpg
    Sled 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 71

skiroule

I gotta ping garyl62 on this one. It is real close to what he is looking for. You might want to even send him a PM.

pez

Nice. My first sled was a Panther. 440 though I think. I don't remember the year. Would make a fun project.

700xcsp

I hate to get rid of them but I do not have time to use them or fix them anymore. Work has me going all over the place right now and I hate to just see them sit. Last year I was all over it, got the one going and ran the piss out of it, took it to shows, had a blast and this year it is collecting dust, need to go to a good home as I do not see work letting up anytime soon.

L

lenny

I hope you get them Gary, they are cool. I would love to get a vintage ride going in my area next year. I would offer free lodging and make sure a specific trail is freshly groomed so we could ride smooth bump free trails. Like a dimwit I sold the awesome exciter I had but hey, can always get another some day!

- - - Updated - - -

technically how old is a vintage sled, 25 years?

garyl62

Better be careful Lenny, you might end up with way more people than you plan for. If things work out on this though put me down for a bed :)

L

lenny

the first 14 to commit get their bed after that not much I can do for lodging but plenty of lodging around here that time of year. I hope you get these sleds Gary because the look of the 72 is nice.

garyl62

SOLD. Thanks Gary, glad we got a chance to meet up, hope you have good luck with them like I did.

Thanks Matt, you must of been posting this from the parking lot! Looking forward to getting it out on the snow, but like I told you it might not be till next season that I'm out with it. At least now I'll have a "summer project" to dink around with even though it doesn't need much more than some polishing and a little mechanical tweaking.

Count me in for next year Lenny!