For those who are interested;

chunk06

Does anyone run this in their 850 ETEC's? I have been running this oil for years in my Polaris sleds with no issues. I just picked up a etec and wondering for next year. Last Doo i had was a 2011 and everyone was saying to stick to the DOO oil. Im not a fan of paying that much for oil

G

G

You guys never disappoint. $15000 bucks for the latest and greatest sled and then cut corners on everything else. The sled mfgrs want you to use their oil for a reason. I use recommended fluids just to keep them from ever questioning a warranty claim. The cost savings of using snake oil other than mfgrs oil doesn't amount to squat. You guys probably buy the cheapest helmets too. Oh well. If you have a ten dollar head buy a ten dollar helmet. If you really want to save money sell your snowmobiles and stay home on your couch and post 1000 posts a season on John Dees. Oh, wait........

eao

Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) often suggest in owner’s manual, advertisements or through dealership personnel that motorists and enthusiasts must use OEM-branded oil to comply with new vehicle or equipment warranty. Some OEMs include warnings of catastrophic engine failure should a non-OEM oil be used. These tactics are especially pervasive in the power sports market and are calculated to create uncertainty and fear in the consuming public to the point that many consumers feel they are at risk when using anything but OEM-branded lubricants. Generally, the public is unaware that it is illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to tie the warranty of its product to the use of the manufacturers own lubricant.

Federal law seeks to ensure competition within the marketplace and that specifically includes guaranteeing continued warranty coverage outside of the OEM-branded lubricants. In short, you have the right to use the oil of your choice.

If the lubricant did not cause the problem, the OEM warranty cannot be voided, period.

offpiste

The Magnussen act was passed years ago to keep mfgs from requiring their lubricants. I've been using Citgo sea and snow(now mystiq) for years in all my sleds. I have never had an engine or piston failure using this oil. Probably north of 30,000 miles when all added up between all the sleds I've ran it in. You're a fool if you think that all these different brands of oil are so different. They're all pretty much the same oil produced in a small number of refineries.

eao

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, cannot make a little cheaper and the people who consider price only, are this man's lawful prey. John Ruskin 1819-1900

goofy600

Does anyone run this in their 850 ETEC's? I have been running this oil for years in my Polaris sleds with no issues. I just picked up a etec and wondering for next year. Last Doo i had was a 2011 and everyone was saying to stick to the DOO oil. Im not a fan of paying that much for oil
I can not say I’ve used it, but know many that have used amsoil with no warranty problems. With that said I had a 600 etec rebuild and when the business that rebuilt it asked how many miles because of basically no wear I’ve always stayed the Doo oil. And if you can find a dealer that sells it in bulk you can usually save about $10.00 a gallon.

eao

vx700xtc

You guys never disappoint. $15000 bucks for the latest and greatest sled and then cut corners on everything else. The sled mfgrs want you to use their oil for a reason. I use recommended fluids just to keep them from ever questioning a warranty claim. The cost savings of using snake oil other than mfgrs oil doesn't amount to squat. You guys probably buy the cheapest helmets too. Oh well. If you have a ten dollar head buy a ten dollar helmet. If you really want to save money sell your snowmobiles and stay home on your couch and post 1000 posts a season on John Dees. Oh, wait........
Sounds like someone needs to get layed......

harvest1121

I ran Lucas in my 850 this year no problem. I had a 2008 800 xp that I used it in without issues while everyone with skidoo oil was having issues. 2022 Skidoo 850 is my first 2 stroke in 10 years. I did not use premium gas either most of the time. I could tell no difference but I do not go 100mph across the lake either.

katden4

Some have better cleaning additives that help with power valves. If you have issues ever with this, I would stick to oil that you know. I have never had a problem, but others I know have. You really cant go wrong with manufactures oil, other than price, but other synthetic oils have worked very well for me.

SHOOT2KILL

Blains also had the mystik synthetic blend oil on sale for $10.99 a gal...Works just fine in my non valved Gade 600 efi...

old abe

Mystik full synthetic JT 4 is a top grade spec oil with many outstanding attributes. It's a perfect fit for all high performance 2 cycle snowmobiles engines of what ever brand!

renegade

I've run it in every sled I have owned for the last 15 years, etecs included. But I do run the synthetic blend in the Etecs, not the full.

renegade

It's definitely not a guarantee to get better oil if you pay more. Mystick is hands down better than amsoil. I hand a brand new 02 ski doo renegade burned nothing but interceptor since day one. Failed mag side rod bearing twice like clockwork at 7,000 miles, and 14,000 miles. Started burning cheap sea and snow out of necessity at the time, motor lasted over 11,000 more miles till the sealed ski doo bearing failed. Rod bearing like new when I tore it down. Take it for what it's worth, but this a true story. I'm not going to try and say it's better than any oil besides amsoil, and amsoil seems to have a fairly high opinion in the industry. But sometimes you pay for perception, and that can be expensive!

uncle_ed

I sure dont know that much about oil but have basic knowledge that I can go longer with synthetic oil in my truck engine if I choose to use that vs mineral oil and the synthetic stays consistant longer. Last I checked the life of 2 stroke oil is pretty short....suck, squeeze, bang, blow and its gone! Any residual working in the engine is constantly refeshed as the cycle continues so is it more of an enviromental benefit save rave valves staying cleaner? IDK

snobuilder

I went back to a Polaris oil, I think it is their best "extreme" product. It definitely made it easier to e-start/ spin over on cold mornings vs. the klotz.

I don't enjoy rope starting an 800 twin as much as I used to....(never)

Hoosier

Thanks for sharing the sale price. Good to know.

Back to the discussion - do you use 0w20 in the 2 strokes?