Forecasting LOTS of Snow!....

.....and who wants to put money down all the ricky racer/bobby boondocker/trail terrorists will be in the Yoop in full force spinnin through the corners and trackin up private property!? lmao im sure the locals are thrilled about more snow!

F

fusion

I just remembered, on my 2nd last ride on 1/27 in northern WI, Vilas Cty., I followed a group of "snow terrorists - (six) down trail 13, just east of Lando.
These guys had to get around me, so I let them go at the intersection of 6/13. Actually, they were right on my tail and I didn't know it when I stopped to read one of those road side trail maps - so close that when I started back down the trail, the leader almost clipped me.
When I followed these guys for the next 5 -6 miles, trust me, they were using the WHOLE trail, right, left, it didn't matter. And EVERY corner was whiped out and scraped clean by their track spins.
You wonder why trails don't hold a groom? Your average ricky rocket racer doesn't care what he leaves behind him. My guess is, there's 40% or more of the guys out there with this attitude.
OK -off soap box.

Last edited:

whitedust

The local biz sure is thrilled by more white gold. Can't say private property will be tracked up if lots of snow on trails. Also if storm track holds today JD track traffic will be more spreadout in WI & UP & riders don't have to cram in WUPMI only. More snow options less people riding in UP. The big BUT is the final storm track as we have seen this 12+ before but does not pan out in final track.

renegade

Just saw the nws is now calling for 7 to as much as 12 in spots for southern half of wisonsin tomorrow. Hope it holds true! Hope it all holds true!

southern WI is calling for 40degrees. and the grounds warm. I hope the upper midwest does get the snow..the local ecomomies that rely on sleds needs it...hope everyone keeps a level head and respects land owners and locals! we rode 300 miles last weekend in NE corner of Wi and everyone told us there was no snow there lol....it was nice having no traffic and table top smooth trails! leaving friday for Wyoming so im sure the midwest will get dumped on since im gone! lol

Cat Woman

.....and who wants to put money down all the ricky racer/bobby boondocker/trail terrorists will be in the Yoop in full force spinnin through the corners and trackin up private property!? lmao im sure the locals are thrilled about more snow!

Atleast the snow looks to be spread out and not just in the UP. Hopefully it'll do the same for these terrorists :)

ridindirty800

Winter Storm watch from central Wi all the way south to N.Ill for 3-6 up to 8+ inches maybe. Local weather out of Milwaukee is thinking its going to be to much rain mixed in down here so maybe 1-3" unless it stays cold. Central Wi is looking like 3-6" though

Pitch

Banned
Well said Fusion. I can't believe how some idiots come blasting around blind corners in the other lane like they know there is not someone coming. I wish there was a way to speed up the Natural Selection process. And when they take off from a stop, they like to see how far they can throw snow.

gordonroot

too many dumb - dumbs out there, cant never figure out where the fire is, I look for the smoke, but never see anything. uhh, maybe I just dont hit the minimum speed limit of 70mph. lol.... thats alright, at least I wont end up next to a tree in a corner.

whitedust

Local forecasters starting to move Sunday /Monday heavy snow north & west of JD graphics. Can't wait to see JD forecast Thursday & Friday. Storm coming but the track not certain. Yikes here we go again!

bobt

Looking forward to JD's Thursday forecast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hoping this is not true about about next weeks storm that has 1" + of RAIN and the rain/snow line "Well north of Lake Superior"

http://bigsnowpage.com/

F

fusion

Just ruined my night with this latest news.
I was a bit worried about the temps with this event - AND for instance the storm in southern WI tomorrow.
How can we get 4 -6, maybe 8, with temps in low to mid 40's? Same principle. I'm not getting excited about the storm down here.
And I supposed I shouldn't be getting all excited about the storm up there for Sunday.
But John did say 60 - 70%. Of course that means, 30 -40% that it will be a buster.