Forest and Florence Co.

snobuilder

In a word DREAMY....LOL
If a temporary warm up has an upside then the trail conditions this weekend were proof of it!
Hard flat and fast!,....well the few straights were fast.

Heavy traffic on Saturday hardly put a dent in them so today's Sunday ride through both counties was outstanding.
160 miles of pure joy.

On the way home on the NST we caught the Forest Co groomer working his magic that got us to these perfect cond.

dfattack

when you say "NST" do you mean the north south trail from trail 2 south past long lake ? I forgot the trail #

snobuilder

when you say "NST" do you mean the north south trail from trail 2 south past long lake ? I forgot the trail #
Nicolet State Trail..
The rr grade that basically runs from somewhere north of Green Bay all the way to the WI/MI border.
Corridor 7

packerlandrider

Yes, the NST (Nicolet State Trail) is the RR grade which runs from Trail 2 around Tipler down towards Townsend. Can't remember how far south the NST distinction goes from Townsend.

Edit: snobuilder beat me to the clarification

snobuilder

One of those remarkable accompliments that make snowmobiling what it is today.
Kinda like a sled/ atv freeway to the UP....lol

dothedoo

One of those remarkable accompliments that make snowmobiling what it is today.
Kinda like a sled/ atv freeway to the UP....lol

Agreed....it's about 105 miles for me to Laona, and nearly 70 of it is on that RR grade. Trails were in really good shape, even with the traffic. We had a rough spot between ER and Conover that didn't appear to have been groomed in weeks, and the grade was a little bumpy between Wabeno and Townsend on the way back this morning, but otherwise excellent conditions.

Good to bump into you at Johnnies SB.

snobuilder

Agreed....it's about 105 miles for me to Laona, and nearly 70 of it is on that RR grade. Trails were in really good shape, even with the traffic. We had a rough spot between ER and Conover that didn't appear to have been groomed in weeks, and the grade was a little bumpy between Wabeno and Townsend on the way back this morning, but otherwise excellent conditions.

Good to bump into you at Johnnies SB.
Good to see you as well and meet your bil.

That stretch between Wabeno and Townsend might be due to groomer being down....unfortunately not much of an alttrail except LMT 4 which heads south out of Wabeno. Nice trail just a much longer ride, but if that's your mission?... :victorious:

Update....Wabeno groomer was back in service last night.

Last edited:

snobuilder

On a side note, both Florence Co trails F6 and F4 had a short stretch of totally ungroomed trail which looks to be due to low areas which may have been impassable earlier in the season.

Looked like a groomer came from each direction and turned around short of each other.

I got to thinking maybe every club should leave a short stretch of trail ungroomed all year so we'd all experience life without a groomer....lol...j/k....NOOOO!

WorkHardPlayHrd

On a side note, both Florence Co trails F6 and F4 had a short stretch of totally ungroomed trail which looks to be due to low areas which may have been impassable earlier in the season.

Looked like a groomer came from each direction and turned around short of each other.

I got to thinking maybe every club should leave a short stretch of trail ungroomed all year so we'd all experience life without a groomer....lol...j/k....NOOOO!

It gives you an appreciation of what they do though. Think if there were no groomers. I shudder at the thought.��

dfattack

With tonights snow Wednesday and thursday should be some good ridin'. I'm riding both days and will let you know!

1fujifilm

Yes, the NST (Nicolet State Trail) is the RR grade which runs from Trail 2 around Tipler down towards Townsend. Can't remember how far south the NST distinction goes from Townsend.

Edit: snobuilder beat me to the clarification

RR grade begins just south of Gillett, WI.
Allows us guys in Green Bay/Appleton, WI to get up-north and further.

Bear

snobuilder

10 outta 10 today except for a few bare road edges.
You WILL be on gravel and bare pavement in some spots.
90 miles 2 to 6 today on a fuel/food run.
Food in Hiles was VG.
Lakewood had quite a few day riders parked for a Thursday.
Playing hooky might not be a bad idea....get you some, ...maybe now or ?

PS.....PLEASE ....stay off a Ken's corner lot on Hy. 32 in Hiles...
I see he had to put up a bunch of saw horses since a couple of weeks ago to keep out the horses asses.
He already had caution tape up since late Nov....

Last edited: