Fourteen mile point lighthouse

durphee

Anyone know of a good way to get to the burned out fourteen mile point lighthouse. My way of getting there in the past is basically impassable this year and I want to take some more novice riders to see it. It’s such a cool point of interest to see. And no, I am not asking for secret off trail riding spots. Thanks in advance.

durphee

Lol, not yet. I’ll find a way but was hoping for a little help :). Although it’s not really a secret to anyone. There’s roads from Ontonagon that get ya close.....or off of trail 13 there’s a couple spots that will get ya there. My way off of 13 is just a mess this year. No worries, I’ll post my route when I find it.

durphee

Sorry folks, heard there was some private property issues even over the regular trail that most people use, no sense in creating an issue. Had a local contact give me some
good advice.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best way to get there in winter is to wait until February or March, then ride the lake shore. 20190309_152415.jpg

srt20

Can you get there in summer by road or trail? Looks cool might want to check it out with my family.

Sandylake

If you are going to hit the ice of Superior please be careful. Those drifts that pack up on the shore are very dangerous and there are pockets of thin ice everywhere, especially on the west shore.