Freda Loop

T- BONE

Is there a pitstop/bar in Freda? I haven't ridden the loop before but I'm guessing there isnt anything...is it a nice lil loop normally? Thanks

1fujifilm

and it can be rough if you hit it wrong

I agree.
I like to take the loop from the south access point from trail 3 and exit on the northern point.
As a matter of fact, that is a good idea for the trail master; make it a one way trail as it is curvey, short and really has no where to go but in an arc.

Bear

sweeperguy

I agree.
I like to take the loop from the south access point from trail 3 and exit on the northern point.
As a matter of fact, that is a good idea for the trail master; make it a one way trail as it is curvey, short and really has no where to go but in an arc.

Bear

I would absolutely LOVE to see freda loop as a 1 way trail.

euphoric1

agreed..... that was where my life flashed in front of my face when another rider that thought he was in a cross country race took the inside of corner faster than I would travel the trail as I was oncoming from other direction, during the day so do distant shine of head light, one way would definitely have my vote

The thought of one a way loop scares me. You think you have the whole trail but then some bone head that doesn't realize or doesn't care meets you in a corner or on a hill going the opposite direction.

1fujifilm

The thought of one a way loop scares me. You think you have the whole trail but then some bone head that doesn't realize or doesn't care meets you in a corner or on a hill going the opposite direction.

This could certainly occur.
I have had the pleasure of riding one way trails near Eagle River/Three Lakes, WI and in Forest County WI and they are nice with rolling hills and seem to work well. While someone could be riding the wrong way (seems to be happening more and more with drunks on Interstate 41 near Green Bay, WI) the majority will adhere to the flow and we can ride it harder during the day.

Bear

old abe

This could certainly occur.
I have had the pleasure of riding one way trails near Eagle River/Three Lakes, WI and in Forest County WI and they are nice with rolling hills and seem to work well. While someone could be riding the wrong way (seems to be happening more and more with drunks on Interstate 41 near Green Bay, WI) the majority will adhere to the flow and we can ride it harder during the day.

Bear

1fujifilm; if you are referring to irresponsible people, be careful!!! You may get shot??? Just a little sarcasm!!!

Last edited:

1fujifilm

1fujifilm; if you are referring to irresponsible people, be careful!!! You may get shot??? Just a little sarcasm!!!

Didn't mean anything, and I am certainly not always responsible but here is a link to the most recent story in Green Bay, WI about a drunk driver going the wrong way on Interstate 41.
http://www.wbay.com/content/news/De...-way-driver-after-Packers-game-467186833.html
No matter the excellent signage, people will make mistakes that cause grief of varying degrees to themselves and others.

Bear

tomx

Although the concept of the loop being one way is not a bad one I have enjoyed going both directions on this trail. To me going the opposite way can make it feel like a completely different experience IMHO.

1fujifilm

Although the concept of the loop being one way is not a bad one I have enjoyed going both directions on this trail. To me going the opposite way can make it feel like a completely different experience IMHO.

True.
I guess a NASCAR driver may like to ride the trail counter-clockwise.

Bear