Friday pictures. Let's start the weekend with a smile

doo_dr

I was looking through some pictures and thought it would be fun to share. I'll start with some very funny pic's. I call this group "Stupid Sledders". It was a spring time search and rescue. Just sleds not people.
116032.jpg

116033.jpg

116034.jpg

116035.jpg

elf

How did all those sleds end up down there? Their all in the same spot, aren't they? I think I would've learned after watching 2-3 of my buddies go down.

doo_dr

Actually they dropped in off the other side and couldn't get up either side once they were in the valley. One guy broke some bones while rolling his sled trying to get back up. They walked out and left the sleds. I the spring, the little creek turned into a "BIG" run off and washed the sleds down down the river. The Polaris is the only one that was within eyeshot of where they left them. I boxed the slope on the far side to show you where they dropped in.

116046.jpg

samc

I can't beleive they couldn't get out of the Valley. Is it that steep and nasty all the way around it?

kevisip

I m surprised no one claimed it as abandonment. Maybe is does not work that way. Imagine all the sleds in the valleys out west in the mountains.

doo_dr

These ridges had pretty steep sides and scrub brush at the bottom so it wasn't like you could take a long run at the hill. The police/dnr knew about it because of the injury and the rescue call. This place was remote. We had to ride ATV's 6 miles back on a rail road track that the power line ran along(Yes they were running the backcountry). When we finally got them out of the river we drug them to the tracks and left them. A couple guys made a cart that ran on the tracks and went back a couple weeks later and hauled them out of the woods. The ridges are roughly 65-80'. For comparison, the pink box depicts the hill and if you match it to the transmission tower you can get an idea of the hieght. For those who have never seen a timber wolf in the wild, This one came out of the woods to check us out while we were trying to find a good place to unload the ATV's.
116050.jpg

xcr440

Yeah, the ones I've seen BOLT when they see or sense you. They must be used to people around up there.

doo_dr

We couldn't figure out if he was interested in the food we had in the cab or the dog that was with us. He actually walked all the way up the the rear tire of the truck with his nose in the air sniffing to beat the band. He was a big boy. As far out as we were, I don't think this boy runs across many people. Give you a hint of where we were, On one of the 1st numbered roads of the 32nd state, near a town that one may admit their faith. Any guesses???

One more picture for fun!!!
116062.jpg

doo_dr

You got it!!!!
The prize is we'll call you next time we go on a search and rescue. Are you fimiliar with the area?

More Pic's
116068.jpg

Had to change up the scenery

jourdanbennett

We have ridden out of Isabella a couple times and I remembered going threw Baptism Crossing. Not overly familar with the area, but it sure is fun to ride up there.

B

brad_2001

These guy's would have had the same problem if we hadn't come along when we did, the snow drifted over the stream, and the Doo broke through, took about 6 of us and a strap hooked to a sled to get him out.
116105.jpg

116106.jpg

116107.jpg

Bradzoo

elf

The one pic looks like you are running the baptism river south of Finland? We run it from Finland fown to Hwy 1 quite often. I've also been through the exact spot those sleds were left in there. When did they get in there and get left? I was through there in early Feb and then again late march. It's not that big of a deal to get out of there. Climbing up the spot next to the pink box is fun. It was just past there this year that I clunked a rock and took out an a arm.

elf

Here's a pic in the winter of where those sleds were stuck in the river. This was taken from the spot where he has the box drawn around

116139.jpg

polarisrider1

Elf, not sure what the issue was here. both sides look doable. Of course pictures make hills look smaller than real life. The 550 fan Trail/RMK is nothing more than an under powered switchback. Looks like the other is an M5? Need more Grunt to ride that type of stuff. Sad to hear people getting hurt though.