From a 2003 Rev 600 to a 2007 Phazer 500

93cherokeesport

So I'm not really sure where to put this and I apologize if it's in the wrong area but this year on our trip instead of riding a 2003 Rev 600 I'll be on a 2007 Phazer 500, while another of our sleds is being worked on. I am just curious what performance wise differences I'll notice. The Rev was clutched had dial-a-jets and different reeds and some other things and I'm pretty sure the Phazer is stock. Can you guys tell me what I'll see a difference with mostly, just curious and can't wait to ride!

slim74

get the rev fixed quick. the season is to short as it is to be wasted riding that thing! LOL. there not even close in power or performance!

93cherokeesport

Lol well actually the rev is still good, I didn't really explain it but it's a Polaris xc 600 we have that is what is getting worked on. I love the Ski-doo to pieces so I might cry if I couldn't ride that on our trip this year. I've been watching videos on YouTube and forgot how amazing 2 strokes sound compared to 4 strokes.

D

Deleted member 10829

A friend had to rent one in the UP last year from an unnamed source and it was the worst snowmobiling experience I have ever had. It sounded terrible, couldn't get out of it's own way, and handled like a riding lawn mower! Everyone tried it and all we could do was laugh, and I'm not kidding.

93cherokeesport

Great.. Well if that's the only option so that we can bring two sleds up then that is better than nothing but let's hope it isn't that bad. Lol

D

Deleted member 10829

Hey, you'll have a good time no matter what! I just wanted to be honest with you but riding that will be 100% better than staying home! Hopefully you will get some other opinions that may vary from mine. Have a great time.

srt20

A friend had to rent one in the UP last year from an unnamed source and it was the worst snowmobiling experience I have ever had. It sounded terrible, couldn't get out of it's own way, and handled like a riding lawn mower! Everyone tried it and all we could do was laugh, and I'm not kidding.

HAHA We had to rent one too last year. I bet it was the same sled from the same dealer. The dealer was awesome, but the sled......well, lets just say the guy didnt have to sit in the cabin all weekend anyway.