Fuel line

dale_58

Is there 1 fuel line better than another ? (that I can get easily) Have a 96 trail how long of line should go in to the tank with the screen on? and what kind of clamp is used so it fits thru the nipple on the tank? the line that was on was deteriorated so Took the tank off and cleaned it out. Using non ethanol fuel now. LOL

mrbb

YES< the new YELLOW T[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ygon fuel line is the ONLY fuel line ethanol approved, that will NOT get hard over time from ethanol[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] so that is all I use anymore on things that it can be used on![/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]don'[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]t let the repair shop sell you the junk they have spools of trying to get rid of it LOL
its not that costly either, can be had pretty cheap on EBAY!
[/FONT]

euphoric1

YES< the new YELLOW T[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ygon fuel line is the ONLY fuel line ethanol approved, that will NOT get hard over time from ethanol[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] so that is all I use anymore on things that it can be used on![/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]don'[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]t let the repair shop sell you the junk they have spools of trying to get rid of it LOL
its not that costly either, can be had pretty cheap on EBAY!
[/FONT]

Just beware with Tygon tubing as there different formulations of Tygon tubing and there are ones that will shrink and harden with some of the fuels we have today, Im sorry to say I dont know the manufacturer of the line I get and use on my sleds, But I have used it for years and as on my 2000 polaris 600 touring which i have had for 12 years and my brother now has, this line has been on it for all that time, still soft sand still no need for fuel clamps.
Tygon which I do use in my shop for hand held products is good line but have run into some that didnt and was informed that there are different formulations of it, and take it from personal experience, I have used some Tygon that a year later had shrunk and become so hard it no longer sealed in grommet or pass through fuel tank applications or would allow free movement of line and filter in tank,