FYI portage lift bridge

m8man

FYI closed for traffic on trail between Houghton and Hancock until we get more snow

Attachments

• IMG_5886.png
    IMG_5886.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 22

mezz

You beat me to that as I heard about this late this morning. Not that it matters much as there isn't anything to groom much less to ride on. We may end uo with a few inches (4-8") over the weekend, but, that will be short lived as next week looks to get into the mid to upper 30's possibly areas that will hit near 40. All I can say is WOW!

euphoric1

when I was up there in 3rd week of january on our way back down to Krupps from the Kee they were actually removing snow from the bridge with front end loaders, had to wait a bit to cross, thought odd but maybe didn't want a 3' deep block of ice with warmth coming

m8man

Good, in the event there are shedders.

My kid took a quick ride from Lake Linden to Dollar Bay on the “remodeled trail”.

Said it was rough, as expected, but he had to go w a buddy for a quick rip. They saw a couple other sleds, but really not much. He said it’s better suited for a side by side.

M8man

hermie

We rode from Krupps to copper Harbor. Definitely a mix of trails. Definitely not the best but the way this season has gone beggars can't be choosers. The loop going to Lac LaBelle was really nice. Trails were better towards Copper Harbor. We tried to take 3 back gave up and turned around it was rough. Was really hoping to try out 3. We came up with low expectations just hoping to get one more ride in and we did. Just hard to believe it's mid February, normally be a 4 foot base on the trails this time of year.