Garage Floor Covering

maddogg

Hi Everyone,

What do you use to cover your garage floors as far as a mat or parking pad. Looking for something 10' x 17' or so. Having the floor epoxied is a few years off.

Thanks!

xcr440

Are you driving your leaking car on it, or just a place to have a soft floor working space?

I use carpet around and under the sled when working on it. I roll a rug out when I'm going to change oil under the vehicles. I have a center floor drain so I don't put anything down for just parking in the garage.

slimcake

https://www.garageflooringllc.com/auto-containment-mat/

I bought 3 of these one for my truck one for wifes car and one for my tractor. The salt absorbing into my new concrete was not ok with me. The way my drains are I just cut a small hole in the mat where it sits on the drain. No more white salt leaching up through my floor. That and all the sand and garbage is now in that mat so easy to deal with.

xcr440

Do you just drag them outside every once in a while and wash them off? How are they holding up?

slimcake

Sweep up the sand once in awhile during winter and in the spring I fold them up and take to work and pressure wash em. They are pretty heavy duty. I am going on my 3rd year for the wife and they are like new yet. Some discoloration from the sand and what not but still in good shape. They run specials now and again. I also got a good deal on my tractor mat because it was one that had been returned. So he discounted it pretty good.