Garage Project Complete

800xc_sp

Just finished my garage, bought the house when it was 90% completed spec home, garage was bare studs. I have been working on & off on it for about 4 years. Kind of hard to devote time to it with snowmobiles in the winter, bikes in the summer, & a job that requires overnight travel during the week but I'm finally done, yee haw!
Some things I learned in the process; have the builder plumb for your furnace, even if your not putting it in right away, have them insulate it, rock it, and plaster it while the subs are doing the house, you would be surprised how cheap it is. Have the plumber run hot & cold soft water to the garage, especially if you have hard water, makes so much nicer for washing cars, bikes, sleds, and avoiding water spotting.
You can then have fun on the weekends instead of spending every waking moment in the garage like I did.
My wife says I went overboard, some people just don't understand...

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1850.JPG
    IMG_1850.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1853.JPG
    IMG_1853.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 303

xcr440

My wife says I went overboard, some people just don't understand...

that the garage is like my living room, and should look just like it! Heck, I know some of us spend more time there than in the actual "living room" of the house!!!

samc

Looks really nice. I know I spend more time in the garage then in the house working on things. You need to add Sat T.V. Added a few years ago, nice to be able to watch the races while working in the garage.

jr37

Looks really nice. I didn't see a refrigerator, must have refreshments in the shop.

indy_500

That thing looks amazing! You going to epoxy the floor? that would really add a nice touch to it. Is that a lawn-mower i see? better go build a shed for it! no yard equipment in the workshop!!! :D

800xc_sp

maddog;
I was thinking about coating the floor but I want something that will last, bike kickstands, carbides, studs, oil grease, etc. I have seen some garages that look like total sh$t after a few years. Power washer once in spring & once in fall will do the trick for now while I ponder that.

samc;
I do have a cable outlet, my plan is to get a 19" or so flat panel that I can run through the stereo speakers that I have in the 4 corners.

jr37;
fridge is the black thing between the work bench & the trash can with the stereo on it, your right, that's a must have!

favoritos

Add some workbenches

Try to keep the floor uncluttered. I like to attach them to the wall and keep the floor open. It is much easier to clean up the place.

Cheap melamine tops are easy to replace too.

Attachments

• DSC00677.jpg
    DSC00677.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00679.jpg
    DSC00679.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 197

jr37

Wow! Some of you guys have really nice and tidy shops. Mine is very functional for me with a few fun things ( t.v., pool table, dart board, frig. couch), but mine is not nearly as nice looking as the pictures above. I'm a little jealous now.

maddogg

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous too. Lets see - no TV, no benches, no fridge. WTH is wrong with me! I think I need my own sled shed now.

indy_500

maddog;
I was thinking about coating the floor but I want something that will last, bike kickstands, carbides, studs, oil grease, etc. I have seen some garages that look like total sh$t after a few years. Power washer once in spring & once in fall will do the trick for now while I ponder that.

samc;
I do have a cable outlet, my plan is to get a 19" or so flat panel that I can run through the stereo speakers that I have in the 4 corners.

jr37;
fridge is the black thing between the work bench & the trash can with the stereo on it, your right, that's a must have!

You could do a shiny clearcoat

mxz_chris

Try to keep the floor uncluttered. I like to attach them to the wall and keep the floor open. It is much easier to clean up the place.

Cheap melamine tops are easy to replace too.

Maybe I missed it in the pics, but how are the lower shelves supported? That looks great.

field_mouse

It is like you read my mind I am doing pretty much the same thing and almost the same colors with the diamond plate as sort of a chair rail look! I am currently sanding all the drywall joints but soon to move on to priming and painting. Dont worry there will be a diffrence between our garages though, I will not have the nice looking Harley parked in mine....at least not for a while! :)
Congrats looks awesome!
Rock On!

mxz_chris

So they are just held in the back, by the wall? I see the 45's with outlets, but nothing in the front. Doesn't the weight try to sag them?