Gas in Sagola

ragex2

is there still a trail to the gas station in Sagola. i haven't been through there for a while, going that way next week....thanks

dfattack

I agree with mike. You need to know where you are going. If there has been traffic it helps to follow other tracks leading to the BP station.

snobuilder

Yea, the trail used to take you past the hwy. then through a field or 2. Now you have to run the ditch.
Nice little station where you can get hot food as well.

ragex2

i remember the trail through the field. lots of "stay on trail" signs all over, but tracks were all over.....not surprising trail is gone. we will find it, thanks to all

old abe

i remember the trail through the field. lots of "stay on trail" signs all over, but tracks were all over.....not surprising trail is gone. we will find it, thanks to all

Surprise, surprise! Who would of thought, eh?

snobuilder

Not sure what you saw but this was a straight shot along a tree/ property line..... very little temptation to go off trail ...and if someone did ....which I doubt and never saw, there was nothing to damage.
The ditch trail is actually better. ...you had to ride another road after the field trail anyways....no big deal.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I just heard that if you eat the re-fried beans in Iron River, you will have gas when you get to Sagola.

Thanks! I'll be here all week! :)

-John

EXCESSIVE FORCE

You can tell they really don't like sledders in Sagola. Even the plow operators dig the section of road you have to ride right down to the dirt...

snobuilder

The way they access town now is via ditchline. No plowed road to contend with at all.

I think they are saying the plow wing was deployed which on a major highway.... it has to be done... If I need gas I will run the pavement for a mile if I have to.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

The way they access town now is via ditchline. No plowed road to contend with at all.

Are you saying you no longer run the shoulder of the road from the trail before and after crossing the highway?

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are saying the plow wing was deployed which on a major highway.... it has to be done... If I need gas I will run the pavement for a mile if I have to.
Was referring to the road that crosses the highway,not the highway...

The trail is on Sunrise Lane. Used to cut to Johnson Lane across the farm field, then down that road to the ditch along M95, and right to the gas station. We noticed last year that the field was fenced off.