gas mileage and 600 motors on formula deluxe

mojo

looking at some formula deulyxe 2000-2002 600 motor good motor??? and what type gas mileage to expect?

momoney2123

Id say 12is a safe bet. I had a 99 600 and I dont remember ever actually measuring fuel mileage but it would go over 100 miles before refill.

Last edited:
I picked up an 02 GT 700 last year and put 1k miles on it and I would say 11-12 is a good ballpark. fun to drive either solo or two up with kid on back.

whitedust

Yep won't see over 12 mpg with 600 twin the 700 3 cylinder would do realy well maybe 17mpg but didn't handle real well.

L

lenny

I've always understood it to be a good reliable motor and 11-12 sounds about right. 11-12 is not very good but comparable to that era sleds.

whitedust

is there any issues on these sleds?
Stay away from ARM suspension on Formula delux no parts... SC2 lots better than SC 10 suspension depends on year & tech offered doo had lots of changes & 2002 will be better than 2000 ride wise & skis. Sit in sleds no standup with that vintage. 600 HP was increasing each year too back then. 2003 doo took market by storm introduced 1st rev rider forward with sdi 600 & the weight wars began.

whitedust

i'm looking at a 2001 looking for a 2 grand sled price range

Yep worth that like I said stay away from ARM suspension Formula delux morped into Legend & don't be afarid of MXZ in that vintage actually better trail sleds than any formula model.

We are all talking the doo twin 600 you are not looking at the 600 triple are you? Stay away from that.

mojo

yes the twin i like deluxe of it reverse and electric start . this is going to be the kids sled. yes mxz has better shocks but hard find with those options