getting screwed outta the snow again...

slimcake

Went out in da woods yesterday with a bud and triple checked my trails. Added the final sign that needed to be added. Got back to the garage with some adult beverages and checked the weather forecast (NWS) showed us in the 7-12 range. Be in business with that kind of snow. This morning.... models changed... 4-6.... I should be old enough to know how this works but damn it.... This year sure has been one to forget.... Why should the weather be any different... Anyway rant over. windsor.jpg

xcr440

Yeah but, there's another storm coming Friday! 4-6" is still better than nothin..... If we get that here, we will be in business!

With the lack of snow, be careful out there. A kid I know took on a culvert yesterday with his less than 100 mile VR1 850 Assault - not hurt, but man, can ya just wait until there is enough snow??

euphoric1

Don't know if we will get screwed or in the bullseye Im not going to quote channel or forecast but now on the fake news network we are showing 4 weather outlets predictions on one screen and ranged anywhere from 1.5 to 7 inches, and with a business that relies on snow, plus I plow snow, I guess I plan for the worst, frustrating though that you cant plan until its actually here, I swear forecasts (on tv anyways) used to be much more accurate before all of these computer generated models came along. Wife and I were or should I say ARE planning on going away for new years, don't want to cancel as I know how accurate they have been thus far but by the time it comes will be too late to cancel without repercussions..... UUUUGGGHH!!!!

whitedust

Don't know if we will get screwed or in the bullseye Im not going to quote channel or forecast but now on the fake news network we are showing 4 weather outlets predictions on one screen and ranged anywhere from 1.5 to 7 inches, and with a business that relies on snow, plus I plow snow, I guess I plan for the worst, frustrating though that you cant plan until its actually here, I swear forecasts (on tv anyways) used to be much more accurate before all of these computer generated models came along. Wife and I were or should I say ARE planning on going away for new years, don't want to cancel as I know how accurate they have been thus far but by the time it comes will be too late to cancel without repercussions..... UUUUGGGHH!!!!

Brian as usual extreme se Wi could get rain so forecasting 1.5” to 3” stArting Tuesday night. The most aggressive for us was 3”-5” if the stars align as of current forecast. It looks like Madison is the bullseye with 8”. It’s seems to be a wide band of general snow with a narrow band of heavy snow. We probably won’t know until after the snow falls lol. I’d rather have snow fall Vilas north where it would do some good for trails.

euphoric1

Brian as usual extreme se Wi could get rain so forecasting 1.5” to 3” stArting Tuesday night. The most aggressive for us was 3”-5” if the stars align as of current forecast. It looks like Madison is the bullseye with 8”. It’s seems to be a wide band of general snow with a narrow band of heavy snow. We probably won’t know until after the snow falls lol. I’d rather have snow fall Vilas north where it would do some good for trails.

Yes I agree, good for trails and businesses up there! Fingers crossed for them!

440_chazz

This winter is starting to remind me of 2011/2012. Majority of the snow from that winter came on Leap Day Feb 29 where the northwoods got pummeled by 2-3 feet. Then a week later temps were in the 70s with record setting warmth in March.

euphoric1

This winter is starting to remind me of 2011/2012. Majority of the snow from that winter came on Leap Day Feb 29 where the northwoods got pummeled by 2-3 feet. Then a week later temps were in the 70s with record setting warmth in March.

what you talkin about willis??? Thems fighting words!! :cower: lets hope not!!

mezz

Kind of brings the winter of 2010-2011 to mind, we were hurting then as well. Fortunately, I and a couple of good buds made it out to Togwotee, WY where they were on a record snowfall pace. If I remember correctly, they had close to 400" in Feb! I don't recall if that was a La-Nina year or not, but, here we are again. :snowman:-Mezz

snomoman

For whatever it is worth it is snowing like crazy here in the western Chicago suburbs, if only we could bring it up north where it is needed much more than the nuisance it will be down here

Bullitt69

Are we really surprised 2020 would be a bummer year for snow? I'm hoping with this quiet spell, there will be a fierce return after the New Years.

Maybe, (I'm hopeful) Mother Nature is building up pressure for a huge release somewhere in January lol?

2020 has been a four letter word no matter how you look at it. 2021 will be better.

slimcake

Done snowing here already. Weather advisory goes till 6am... Lol. It's not funny though. Maybe got two inches...

euphoric1

5 to 6" of WET HEAVY out the door at 3:30 a.m. to plow, shop open, enjoying my mc donalds breakfast, 2 more farms to plow after shop close. More coming potentially Friday, may put crimp on wife and I plans for weekend. Wish this would have went north and waited until after the 1st. Will make for good start around here though...if it stays