Glacier National Park

elf

We were also there 2 years ago but took advantage of our son living in Montana and had to pay him a visit. Our daughter even flew in from NYC to meet us. Started in Bozeman, drove to Couer D' Alene for a night, then to Sandpoint ID for a night and then back to Whitefish, MT and GNP for the next 4 days. it was hot, 97-100 degrees during the day but man it is such beautiful country. My wife and I are always keeping our eyes on properties out there as we get closer to retirement so we had to go look at a few. One development we were in had a 1.2 acre lot for $625K. Great view of Lake Couer D' Alene but holy crap. Most lots in the areas we like are still $250K for 3-5 acres. I think Northern MN is the place for me!
Although we were just in Glacier 2 years ago I could go every dang year. Such amazing country. We hiked the High Line trail, very fun right on the edge of a cliff. Hiked into waterfalls, etc... Didn't see any Grizzly bears but did se IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1552.JPG Highline small.jpg e a black bear, some Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goats, deer.
Visited lots of nice tasty breweries and tap houses. My son is funny, if its not Busch light, he won't drink it. So sitting in these breweries my wife and I are enjoying some local tastes and both kids are drinking water. Saved me some money! IMG_1479.JPG Family small.jpg

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Outstanding pictures, almost feels like being there. Best of memories that'll last a lifetime. Good for you and thanks for posting this!

pclark

Wow! and wow!, beautiful pictures, I love that area, it used to be part of my territory and I loved every trip out there.

xcr440

46BFD12C-50A6-49A4-B599-AD3769A3EE02.jpeg How was “Going to the sun road”? Read there was a lot of construction on it this year so we avoided and went more south around Yellowstone without going in and got out of there before that heat kicked in. This was Beartooth on the 8th - only clouds and rain we saw in 14 days.

elf

View attachment 68902 How was “Going to the sun road”? Read there was a lot of construction on it this year so we avoided and went more south around Yellowstone without going in and got out of there before that heat kicked in. This was Beartooth on the 8th - only clouds and rain we saw in 14 days.
There was construction on Going to the Sun Road near McDonald Lake so that was a PITA.

I love going over the Beartooth also. Another awesome drive!