Go to Florida to Snowmoible

mrbb

well I came very close to  riding in Fl once<br> back in the mid 90's me and a buddy were trying to take our sleds down for bike week in Daytona<br> as legally you could run them on the beach then <br> were were thinking filling motor bay with bags of ice, and  more or less running things till they died<br><br> the only reason we never managed to get them there was we didn;t have time to drive and tow them down<br> so we were trying to work with having them hauled down by train<br> but that ended up being  too large a hassle<br>a s the trains at the time, when we contacted them on shipping stated they would only haul the sleds on there trains, IF all fluids were drained, and that included, radiator coolant, any motor oils(chain case) and or two stroke oil<br> and Fuel out of tank?<br><br>which was just more hassle than it was worth to us, as it was more of a joke deal<br> to have sleds on the beach<br><br> but we did contact the local mayor of Daytona  and he was willing to  have lots of pictures taken  if we brought them down,<br>as he said we would have been the first he ever knew of to do so, and it would have made the local TV newss too!<br>not that we cared or even wanted it,  a mutual friend was friends of the mayor down there at the time!<br> after all who would think to take a snowmobile to Bike week in Daytona?? HAHA!<br><br><br> but we ended up just leaving sleds home and flying down for the week there!<br><br> but I did come close to taking a sled once to FL to ride it HAHA<br> guess that's what happens when your younger dumber and have too many buddies that like to drink a little too much,  and  come up with dumb things to do for laughs!<br><br>OH them good old days before everyone had a camera and made uses so easy out of silly things!<br><br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br>

wirev

Officiated a wedding in Branson New Years 99. At the time they had an ice and snow storm. Brides father [my good friend] and I always thought we should have taken the sleds. Branson was completely shut down and stores closed. Ruined the dinner the night before but we still had a good time. Always wondered what the locals thought if we would have rode right down main street Branson.