Gogebic and North 1-29 and 1-30

scott_b

Great two days of riding, trail 102 up to South Boundary may have been the best trail riding I have ever had.

Attachments

• i-phone 348.jpg
    i-phone 348.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 392
  • i-phone 355.jpg
    i-phone 355.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 385
  • i-phone 356.jpg
    i-phone 356.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 371
  • i-phone 365.jpg
    i-phone 365.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 345
D

Deleted member 10829

Trail 102 and South Boundary Road rock! I love those trails. Picture below is from South Boundary a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Picture 623.jpg
    Picture 623.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 160

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that the bathroom at the Summit Peak parking area in the Porkies?

Damn that is a lot of snow! :)

favoritos

Small world. Skylar, you are correct. We were there on Sunday. Little over half a foot on top of scott_b's tracks.

Attachments

• DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 81

bonnevier

We ride the Gogebic area every year and I am still trying to figure out exactly where Summit Peak is and if you can ride the sled up the route a bit. Is it off of trail 11 (south boundary road) midway between LOC and trail 102? Is the entrance off to on the west side of the trail...and most importantly is it legal to ride up that path?

Thanks for the help!

D

Deleted member 10829

Yes, it's between Silver City and 102 on South Boundary Road, but it's only a few miles from 102. It's on the north side of the trail and it is double groomed up to a parking area and then no sleds are allowed beyond there, although many idiots have disobeyed the signs. You have to walk a good 1/2 mile to get to the top, but the views are amazing!

bonnevier

Thanks MSPEASE...I think I have a good idea of where it is at and we will have to look for it the next time we are UP der!