Gogebic Area Grooming

marty700

Just a quick note of thanks to the folks at Gogebic Area Grooming for their post last Wednesday that they were going to continue grooming through the weekend (4/2). On the basis of that post, we put together a final, final, run of the season up to the UP. (We thought our trip on 3/24-3/27 would be the final run!) The GAG guys did not disappoint! We rode on Friday and Saturday all over their system. The trails were in mid-season form. Everything was groomed up, with only a few short rough spots. This last weekend was truly a gift and I, for one, really appreciated the extra effort. While many other clubs had "thrown in the towel" for the season, these guys stepped up big. I'm sure the local businesses appreciated the extra traffic on what would usually be a quiet weekend. There wasn't a lot of traffic up there, but the place wasn't empty either.

Hat's off to you guys!

Marty times 2! We had a great weekend up there too, really appreciate the Gogebic clubs extra effort. I am sure we met you somewhere up there as we were riding the same days.

Probably, MXZ, there weren't too many folks out and about!
We didn't meet too many groups either, Saturday we passed a group of two pulled over and met one other group all day. We saw some sleds parked at the bar/restaurants but very low traffic on the trails. Low traffic and great trails made for the best ride of the season IMO!

indy_500

100% agree! Rode their system the 25&26 and they went above and beyond. Their system was 10x better than all the neighboring trails, and in excellent shape. Hats off to them!