Gogebic Area

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

Are they doing any grooming in this area yet? Trail report is not updated since last March, so I'm guessing not.

fishcrib

Saw this on the Lake Gogebic chamber of commerce website:

December 27, 2015

We’ve received another 8-inches or so of new snow since yesterday and more in the forecast, ranging from 8 to 10-inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday with colder temps….finally! Groomers are out packing down the snow on the trails without drags, at this time. As soon as conditions allow they will be out with the drags on all trails. I will keep you posted on when this happens.

Remember, you get to celebrate New Year’s Eve twice on Lake Gogebic with the two time zones making this possible. However, best to check with local businesses on ice conditions before heading down the lake – you may have to take the trails to get to your second New Years Eve celebration.

That’s all for now from Carolyn at the Hoop. For additional information about the Lake Gogebic area please visit the chamber website at www.LakeGogebicArea.com or call us at 1-888-464-3242 (888-GOGEBIC).

berglandbaybar

click on the Gogebic cam and click on the Bergland Bay Bar trail report...

Thanks for the plug EXCESSIVE FORCE, just too bad I don't have too much good to say about the trails right now. We are getting a few sleds in, mainly from Watersmeet (109 I think) and from the north via 3 & 8 from the east. Trails Around the Lake are still wet in places, wet is probably saying it lightly. A few Sleds are starting to run between Bergland and the Hoop, but I wouldn't do it. The Bay has 8 to 10 " according to fishermen, but people need to realize that these are locals that know the lake and they check the depths of the ice. I'm sure currents and springs coming in cause thinner ice in places. I would strongly advise people to stay off the Lake for a while yet.