Gogebic area

picbn

Why is it that the south end of Gogebic area seems to be neglected from consistent grooming compared to other parts of the area. I'm talking about trail (102/1?) from south end of the lake to Marenisco and especially Marenisco to the Wisconsin border as well as trail (13) from the south end of Lake Gogebic to trail 2. These trails always seem to be rough. Is this all part of Gogebic Area Grooming? Has anyone else noticed this?

whitedust

Its an entry point for the UP lots of traffic thru there. Imo not enough groomed entry trails so I looked to unplowed FRs but those get moguled with use too.

picbn

I hear you about the FRs, but it seems everyone knows about those these days and they're rougher than the trails...LOL.
I had heard that Gogebic Area Grooming was housing a groomer in Marinesco these days, but that doesn't seem to be the case as these trails are as bad as I've seen them.

goofy600

As I ride that area quite often, I would disagree on what you are saying. Yes Marenisco is part of the GAG and have been doing a good job. Now I will say about 2 weeks ago they had a groomer down for a week so that played a part in rough trails. If you had the groomer tracker app you would see that the south end gets groomed more that the north. If you want I will right everything that is going on but it will take a while.

SHOOT2KILL

Why is it that the south end of Gogebic area seems to be neglected from consistent grooming compared to other parts of the area. I'm talking about trail (102/1?) from south end of the lake to Marenisco and especially Marenisco to the Wisconsin border as well as trail (13) from the south end of Lake Gogebic to trail 2. These trails always seem to be rough. Is this all part of Gogebic Area Grooming? Has anyone else noticed this?
I agree...Been riding that area since the 82/83 season...Trails you mentioned have been junk more times than good...Mostly on the southern end of the lake...When Don & Kris Berquist bought the Gogebic Lodge back around 1981, things started to change in that area...They brought their hard working Illinois mindset to the area and really began the snowmobile marketing movement there...Someday they will name one of those trails " The Don & Kris Berquist Memorial Trail"...

Tim in Indiana

The area you mention doesn't appear to have been groomed since before the weekend. I was told yesterday that the groomer that is housed in Marenisco is down again and they are waiting on parts to fix. Supposed to be fixed and back up by the weekend.

I checked the groomer app yesterday and these trails were purple, not green or yellow. I think this means they haven't been groomed for quite a while. Or the groomer housed there isn't reporting into the app like the rest of GAG system.

And yes, they are rough......

just_ride

We hit trail Tr13N from T2 at bottom and rode 13 to 8 to 102 11 to SC , Lunch at Konteka (Yum) to Ontonagon, Mass, Sidnaw . all trails were ready to rock
Here are a couple shots from T13 about 2 miles south T8 intersection
Ride was Wednesday 02/01....trails could be different today

Attachments

• IMG_2980.jpg
    IMG_2980.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 16

goofy600

Was just told this morning they are having groomer issues again, Marenisco one is down and one of the ones in Bergland is down also. This is a real bummer hopefully they can get them fixed soon.

nhra1000

I agree...Been riding that area since the 82/83 season...Trails you mentioned have been junk more times than good...Mostly on the southern end of the lake...When Don & Kris Berquist bought the Gogebic Lodge back around 1981, things started to change in that area...They brought their hard working Illinois mindset to the area and really began the snowmobile marketing movement there...Someday they will name one of those trails " The Don & Kris Berquist Memorial Trail"...
There was a bunch more people than the Berquists that made those trails happen.

picbn

Was just told this morning they are having groomer issues again, Marenisco one is down and one of the ones in Bergland is down also. This is a real bummer hopefully they can get them fixed soon.
That's not good. Keep us posted on when back up and running.