gogebic ice?

snake

coming up tomarrow,just curious if anyone has been running the lake,and if there are any trouble spots besides the normal spots? please don't preach,thank you

Word on the street is you have to be a "fool, moron, idiot, big stupid dummy, $^%&* jerk, etc" to ride the ice on gogebic. ;)

With that being said, on the north end, I am hearing 6"+ and some slush. There are a few ice shacks on the bay. There are also a few sledders running from the dock to the hoop along the north end. I dont know anything about anyone running from the hoop to the lodge. After this weekend with the traffic we have it should be good to go. I would say as always ask where your lodging or the bar where you get on. JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE TRACKS DOES NOT MAKE IT SAFE.

Hope this helps

-Mark

CatsOnly

Heard a group of 4 took the lake from the lodge to the hoop, 2 were females, and the owner of bar told them stay by shore and you'll be fine, I talked to them at lando bar later in the day, sooo they made it safe. Oh and 13 north from 2 has a gate closed near gogebic, would've liked to know before taking the 10-15 mile hike to the gate! Just to see track on the other side!

and the owner of bar told them stay by shore and you'll be fine

THIS IS NOT GOOD INFO. There are various steams and rivers that flow into and out of Lake Gogebic. At these points there is no ice or very thin ice. Riding very close to the shore is NOT a good idea.

Just my opinion.
NOT preaching.
Dont like preachers.
Well except the "REV" I like him. :D

-Mark

Last edited:

attack_06

rode the entire length from the south road to town on west side up to hoop its ok don't go in middle or close to shore like mark said there are slushy spots another week and all will be good and if u don't know the lake at all don't go

durphee

Rode the lake from the lodge to Hoop and rode from hoop to BBB a lot this past weekend. Slush spots on occassion but majority was good. Theres a descent amount of tracks on it now but I would always ride with caution.

snoxer

THIS IS NOT GOOD INFO. There are various steams and rivers that flow into and out of Lake Gogebic. At these points there is no ice or very thin ice. Riding very close to the shore is NOT a good idea.

Just my opinion.
NOT preaching.
Dont like preachers.
Well except the "REV" I like him. :D

-Mark

Not to mention the occasional pier posts that can pop up really quick if your not careful!