Going Places...

mezz

I want to see vent windows back and floor bright light switches!
I'll bet there are a bunch that are asking themselves, wtf is he talking about? It would be a hoot to watch someone drive a car or truck with the dimmer switch on the floor, they would most likely yank the blinker arm off the steering column. LOL!

pclark

I'll bet there are a bunch that are asking themselves, wtf is he talking about? It would be a hoot to watch someone drive a car or truck with the dimmer switch on the floor, they would most likely yank the blinker arm off the steering column. LOL!
I liked those dimmer switches on the floor!

heckler56

I forgot to add, bring back the dash vents! Those vents you pull a knob and the dash side vent blows as fast as you are driving.. If you remember those, can you still smell the dust they would let loose if you drove over gravel roads 😉

mrbb

what about foot activated HI beam switches?, I doubt many recall them being a thing in vehicles!

hermie

It is amazing how lazy this country has gotten that it's too much effort to push up or pull down on lever to let other drivers know what your intentions are. I would say at least 50% of drivers don't use turn signals anymore. The old switches on the floor were great but they did get hung up pretty easy.

mrbb

It is amazing how lazy this country has gotten that it's too much effort to push up or pull down on lever to let other drivers know what your intentions are. I would say at least 50% of drivers don't use turn signals anymore. The old switches on the floor were great but they did get hung up pretty easy.
I stopped and asked a driver I was behind that made several turns and never once used a turn signal (we were going to same store)
when I asked them WHY they didn;t use there turn signal,
they straight up told, WHY SHOULD I
I know where I am going,
and its not my JOB to tell you where I am going!
was a person in there late 50's early 60's too, that I bet hasn't been using them for decades?
the amount of ignorance and people thinking everything is NOT there responsibility today is mind blowing
everything is always someone else fault but there's!

BUT driving is a skill, and IMO< modern people today don;t want to take the time to develop any skills, JUST good enough is all they want, just enough get by!
that is unless its a pay rate, then they magically feel there worth top dollar! even if the skills don;t say so!
its a world going down hill if you ask me!

hermie

I stopped and asked a driver I was behind that made several turns and never once used a turn signal (we were going to same store)
I know where I am going,
was a person in there late 50's early 60's too, that I bet hasn't been using them for decades?
the amount of ignorance and people thinking everything is NOT there responsibility today is mind blowing

BUT driving is a skill, and IMO< modern people today don;t want to take the time to develop any skills, JUST good enough is all they want, just enough get by!
that is unless its a pay rate, then they magically feel there worth top dollar! even if the skills don;t say so!
Amazing I have always wanted to tell people they need to take there car to the dealer because there turn signals are broken but I know it will fall on death ears.

wiscrev

I know where I am going,

I would call that guy "entitled and ignorant." It's the "me" generation now and to h3ll with others. No consideration, no love, only the "self" counts.

wiscrev

My first car without a floor dimmer switch was a new 1966 Triumph Spitfire that I bought in Berlin, Germany. European cars has the dimmer on the column long before we did.

heckler56

I know where I am going,

And that is the guy on the left side of the trail and the wrong side in the corners!

dfattack

And that is the guy on the left side of the trail and the wrong side in the corners!
and probably running in the left lane slower than everyone else on the highway. We have a generation of people who do not realize the left lane is for faster drivers!

mrbb

the problem isn't just with driving, these people all only seem to worry about themselves, and don't care about anyone one else around them, dont; care if they make other slow down, wait, or ?? lots of ignorance on the roads any more as well as so many other places,
when the reality is, it really isnl;t that hard to show some respect for others and yourself!