Gone in 60 Minutes

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Late afternoon I'm out in the garage and I hear something big coming down the street.
This guy pulls up and parks in front of our house.
Tree1.jpg
"What Fresh Hell is This?
I know I didn't call him!

Tree2.jpg
The object of his attention.
A dying Ash Tree in the neighbor's yard.
As the crew was setting up their equipment, I asked how long to take it down?
"We'll have it down in about an hour", their reply.
Not just cutting it down but taking it down limb by limb.

Tree3.jpg
To begin, they hoist a guy with his saw in to the top of the tree.
Just for Grins and Giggles, the guy is hanging upside down on the end of the crane!
You gotta be kidding me...this I gotta see.

Tree4.jpg

Tree5.jpg
The guy up in the tree is climbing around like a monkey, tying off limbs, cutting as he goes.
And they commence to cutting, HUGE Limbs going straight to the chipper in the background.

And true to their word, the entire tree was gone, the lawn was raked and all the debris was swept in less than an hour.
Most impressive what a team of professionals can do in a short amount of time!
Job Well Done!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
what a waist of fire wood
The wood chips will go into landscaping and the trunk was hauled away so someone will be using that for heat. There are so many of these Ash Trees that the crews are booked out 6 to 7 weeks. Yup, lots of firewood.

J.Glenn

I had to have something similar done to a walnut tree that had a deck built around it. It was just too close to the house for comfort for me. With the derecho of Aug2020, a big limb came down and about took out some of the house. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. Only difference for us was, they didn't use a crane (no room), they climbed the tree and tied onto, and cut it into, small chunks and lowered them to the ground that way. They hauled them to the road (tree was in the back of the house) via one of those stand on mini tracker loader. Cost was about $3,500 I think.....

lofsfire

I had to have something similar done to a walnut tree that had a deck built around it. It was just too close to the house for comfort for me. With the derecho of Aug2020, a big limb came down and about took out some of the house. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. Only difference for us was, they didn't use a crane (no room), they climbed the tree and tied onto, and cut it into, small chunks and lowered them to the ground that way. They hauled them to the road (tree was in the back of the house) via one of those stand on mini tracker loader. Cost was about $3,500 I think.....
I have seen this done like this, and every time is is impressive to watch. Amazing what the proper rigging can do.

wiscrev

I had 3 tall [120-140'] long needle pines removed. $3200 plus $450 to grind stumps. That also included other stumps around the yard.

xcr440

BC872FEB-8BBD-4461-94A0-7A221809B657.jpeg I cut down 4 monster Ash trees in the yard 2 years ago - one was so big the 056 with a 36" bar would not finish the cut through the trunk... I did all 4, by myself, including moving the 16" cut pieces to a pile on the other side of the yard in about 2 weekends. Guess I need bigger equipment!

Go Fast or Go Home

View attachment 68921 I cut down 4 monster Ash trees in the yard 2 years ago - one was so big the 056 with a 36" bar would not finish the cut through the trunk... I did all 4, by myself, including moving the 16" cut pieces to a pile on the other side of the yard in about 2 weekends. Guess I need bigger equipment!

Ya, but that's back when men were men and women were glad of it.

Don~

longtrack

Hopefully they don't bring that Ash Firewood up north and kill our Ash up here.

Its going to happen sooner or later but later is better.

snobuilder

Hopefully they don't bring that Ash Firewood up north and kill our Ash up here.

Its going to happen sooner or later but later is better.
we battled the ashborer down in the southern part of WI for 15 years and then in one years time boom...every tree was dead. They are all standing dead for like 6 years now.