Good Food in the Mass City area

thebluff

both of the above are good. options in mass are Grandma Myrts (full restaurant), Adventure Motel (breakfast only) and Tiges Bar (great chili). Just over the bluff, you have The Pit Stop in Greenland.

polarfreek

Food

Antonio's in Bergland has by far the best food at the best price. Breakfast,lunch or dinner.
If you want a great dinner at a higher $, the Root Cellar (East Shore -Lake Gogebic)
If you want to eat like it's Christmas, try Henry's Buffet in Rockland. Gooooddd! :))
If you want a modern bar and resturant with all the bells and whistles, Park View Lodge (North of Mass City) -GREAT Pizza
I also like the pizza at Hoop 'n Hollar for a quick snack (North Shore -Lake Gogebic)
Breakfast is kick *** at the Walleye Lodge (West Shore -Lake Gogebic)
If you just want matter in your stomach, Tiges bar in Mass City :(
All in all, the food is pretty good everywhere. This is just an opinion after 15 years of going up there every year.

dopp

i ate at henerys last tuesday night and it was less than average bar food

Last edited:

fgsacts

Sorry, I am referring to the weekend buffet specials. Only ate there once or twice other than the buffets. Wasn't bad but I agree, nothing special. The buffets are worth driving for.

dopp

i have been told that the buffett is worth going for
they cover the pooltable and lay out the food
maybee next time i'll be there on the weekend

rmkking

The Pit Stop has great burgers and caters to the snowmobile crowd. They always have one TV with boondocking videos going. Tons of helmet storage. In my opinion the Pizza at the Park View is average not great. They have a really good presentation but thats it. Don't forget Krupps they have good food and what they lack in ambiance they make up in character. I just had one of their pastries this morning as I brought a bunch home.

t660redrocket

Pasty at Krupps.
Adventure Omlette at the Adventure.
Kesslers/Coke at the Buckhorn.
Buffet at Henry's
and about 20 minutes in the men's room in the morning.

fireman35

The pit stop was just that the pits when we were there over new years. Bad service and the food is over priced. Paid like 3.25 for a basket of fries to go with a 6.00 burger,sorry i thought it was too much.

onesnowman

Thanks for the input!

We had a great trip just before the big meltdown. Did our 5 hundred and headed home. Thanks for the dining suggestions. Henry's does have a great burger and LuAnn the bartender made our visit a lot a fun. If anyone get back before us tell LuAnn the loud boys from Illinois said HEY! Thanks again HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL

rmkking

I was at the Pit Stop over New Years too. I thought the burger was worth the money and we split a few baskets of fries between 7 guys. Service was excellent. They brought out the food and the bartender was very nice. $6.00 for a hot fresh burger with lettuce, tomato and onion doesn't seem like to much to me. Everyone has a different price point.

polarisrider1

Henry's on friday night. I ate 2 of everything (well tried too). It was every bit as good as fgsacts said it would be plus more. Heck, you can make your own Ice cream sundae there, and as big as you want it! I will most definately return! Contact: Cuzzinolaf to get the VIP room.