Good News!

wirev

How about some good news for all everyone traveling on U.S. 51?
They are beginning work the bumpy section of the southbound lane of 51. When it is finished, I won't have to wear a weight belt or re-tighten all the nuts and bolts on the car/pickup when I return home from Wausau! lol

xcr440

They are also working on the section of I-39 north of Stevens Point, and they have been repairing I-39/51 in Wausau for a couple weeks now - not so sure that last one is being done as well as it could be. The concrete patch fills that cross the center lane are almost like small speed bumps now. Not so bad in a single vehicle, but should make for interesting towing.

I give them credit for being out there though, and only closing the sections of roads they are working on, not 5-8 miles at a time like they did on 29 a couple years back.

wirev

Didn't really count the miles but I think the I39/51 north of Merrill is about 8 miles. Next time I head south I'll check it and it's just the southbound lanes.

dfattack

first hard freeze next winter. They resurfaced US 2 by me in Spread Eagle summer of 2018 and last winter it was just a bumpy as the previous winter.

racerx

Yeah I have actually been getting used to taking 17 south out of Rhinelander as it is a nice drive. I noticed those new "speed bumps" around Point as the trailer was empty and bouncing a little, was thinking they may grind them after they are all in but guess we will find out.