Good season in da u.p.

Know theres a lot of you that will still get to ride yet this year. Hope it snows a couple more times for you!
Tis the end of the season here at "Mueller's Moose Lodge" and a good season it was. We'll keep all the GOOD here and forget about the few negatives. Heres some of the highlights of a 5,000 mile season of the best riding I've had in 30 years of ridin the U.P.........

Marquette - What can you say? For the last 4 years your trails have been consistently groomed and awesome!
if we ever ran into a bump, it was far and few between....GREAT JOB!

Bruce Crossing - Your trails have come a long way in a couple of years and were great all year!

Baraga - The snow was good and the grooming was there and better, thanks!

Grand Marais - Tons of traffic, but for the most part great grooming to keep up with it!

Paradise - We used to say "there is no Paradise in Paradise" not this year was there 3 times and it was good all 3!

Da Soo - Love to get over by you guys and the grooming was good, never realized that Bay Mills was such a
"sledders meca"!

Big Bay - The one time that I broke down all year with a couple of idlers out of my suspension (from a bad trail in
the Western U.P.) we were able to limp from Baraga to Big Bay to Marquette on "perfectly" groomed
trails, to avoid having to get the rescue trailer! If the trails would have been rough we wouldn't have.

Munising - The place that has been consistently rough for most of recent history had a rebirth thanks to many
people and organizations. Whatever you did has only made riding there a "must ride" area for next
year. If you can get 417 &418 improved as good as 8 & 7 were at the end of the season, we'll be there
a lot! GREAT JOB!

Christmas - Last but my no means least.....what can I say? We love White Pine Lodge and can never wait to get
back to "FOGGY'S"! It was fun getting to meet "Foggy" and the gang and the wild "Snowflake" girls!
Planning on going back to Christmas ........in summer.

All and all best season of riding the U.P. I can ever remember. Thanks to all the people along the way and
especially to all the GROOMING OPERATIONS AND CLUBS ---- KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heritagefoundry

We have a camp in Sidnaw and the snow came in early November and never left. The riding was absolutely fantastic all year because of the wonderful job that the Snow Valley Riders do in keeping the trails in tip top shape. There is a lot of time put in by a few people to make sure everything gets done!! I would also like to thank Candy and Mark at the Hardwood Steakhouse for always serving up great food and good times every time we stop!!!

D

Deleted member 10829

Great post Winter Warlock. Glad you had so many good miles in so many places! What a winter for you. I put on about 1900 miles in the UP this year, and it was a good year, but no where near the best I have ever had up there. I have to agree the Snow Valley Riders are doing much better the past 2-3 years. Another huge improvement I've noticed for 2 years now (Thanks Ranlam!) is the White Pine to Ontonagan to Greenland trail. I heard last week up at Stubb's in Onto that a new trail will be around next year down the old rail grade from outside their bar to where the rail track crosses trail 13 just a mile or so south of Rockland. That would be great!

whitedust

We have a camp in Sidnaw and the snow came in early November and never left. The riding was absolutely fantastic all year because of the wonderful job that the Snow Valley Riders do in keeping the trails in tip top shape. There is a lot of time put in by a few people to make sure everything gets done!! I would also like to thank Candy and Mark at the Hardwood Steakhouse for always serving up great food and good times every time we stop!!!

X2 on Sidnaw & the Hardwood Steakhouse great food!

dwz

Thanks again to all the groomers who made the trail system in the western UP AWESOME!

ranlam

mspease: your correct, Ontonagon to Rockland R.R. grade is tore out and will be a trail. Its gonna be an awesome way to shorten 12,13,1 loop if need be. Also open for orv. Thanks to MI-TRALE & North Country Snowmobile Club.

Uncle Vito

Awesome post Warlock!
Been pretty negative on this board lately and was really good to read some positive.
This is why we ride:cool:

frnash

mspease: your [sic] correct, Ontonagon to Rockland R.R. grade is tore [sic] out and will be a trail. Its gonna be an awesome way to shorten 12,13,1 loop if need be. Also open for orv. Thanks to MI-TRALE & North Country Snowmobile Club.
Ahh, ye olde Milwaukee Road/Escanaba & Lake Superior RR, that'll be good!

D

Deleted member 10829

mspease: your correct, Ontonagon to Rockland R.R. grade is tore out and will be a trail. Its gonna be an awesome way to shorten 12,13,1 loop if need be. Also open for orv. Thanks to MI-TRALE & North Country Snowmobile Club.

That's great news! Will your club have to groom that or half way down and Lenny from the south?

ranlam

From what I understand North Country will be grooming all of it, I think its ten miles one way. Good thing we are getting another new tractor next year! I cant wait.

old abe

A new trail is all good news!!!! Thanks go out to all who were involved in getting this trail going!!!!

whitedust

The trail is there just need to groom it. I don't see the need for gas pumps gas already in Sidnaw & Watton.

attack_06

So where is the the trail to it I've never seen it and Ben thru there a 100 times didn't even no there was a steakhouse until this ur will have to stop next season for sure

whitedust

So where is the the trail to it I've never seen it and Ben thru there a 100 times didn't even no there was a steakhouse until this ur will have to stop next season for sure

most of it is on the southside of 28 but not groomed maybe open to Atvs not sure. Sure wish the Club would groom it good food & gas is there just need groomed access. Orange trail markers can be seen from road.

attack_06

most of it is on the southside of 28 but not groomed maybe open to Atvs not sure. Sure wish the Club would groom it good food & gas is there just need groomed access. Orange trail markers can be seen from road.

So u just go down the ditch from sidnaw station and grill