Good start to the year!

rp7x

Pretty good start to the year for the Spooner, WI area! :) Quite a bit of snow on the round bale. Back to cutting wood

Snow 12-10-19.jpeg

Attachments

• Snow 12-10-19.jpeg
    Snow 12-10-19.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 43

rp7x

No pipe a very good plan , the wife just ordered a 7’ blower for the back , I think that may put some fun back in snow removal

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s get a 2” paddle on that 850 then let’s ride

durphee

No pipe a very good plan , the wife just ordered a 7’ blower for the back , I think that may put some fun back in snow removal

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s get a 2” paddle on that 850 then let’s ride
I have the 1.6 track in this one! Excited to see what it can do!

euphoric1

Do you have a pipe on your cutting edge?
That helps a lot when the ground is soft.

UP RIDER, Do you un a pipe on your cutting edge on a truck mounted plow? I have never heard of this and it would make complete sense as far as helping when plowing soft ground. I plow a few farms and I hate this time of the year and even if you raise the plow a bit, every little imperfection you hit you just dig. My only concern if you are indeed using a pipe on a truck plow is how it works on pavement as I also plow about a half a dozen commercial lots as well, cutting edges are generally a high carbon steel for wearability. I do admit the pipe idea a good idea if plowing unpaved ground.

UP RIDER

Yes on Truck Plow, I run it early season usually take it off by Christmas. This year I already removed it because of the early start up here. 90% of what I plow is over gravel or dirt/sod . It does leave some mat behind.

scott_l

Yes on Truck Plow, I run it early season usually take it off by Christmas. This year I already removed it because of the early start up here. 90% of what I plow is over gravel or dirt/sod . It does leave some mat behind.

Please explain more.....home made I assume

Take a 3” pipe, cut/machine a grove then slide in over your current cutting edge? If so how do you keep it on/secured?

UP RIDER

Yeah I have made a few of them over the years, I have slotted them and used flat bar to cap the end of the pipe and extend it up alongside the rib on the end of plow and then drilled through both pieces and bolted it on that way. Another way I have done it was to use flat bar and bend it up so that it could be bolted to the bracket’s for the skids. Whatever works for the configuration of the of the blade.