Goose(s)

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys with waterfront properties...I wish I had your problems. Here in suburbia all we got are squirrels, rabbits, and an occasional Jehovah Witness.

But I do like that Slingshot idea! As for the squirrels and rabbits....they're just too darn fast.:unsure:

whitedust

You guys with waterfront properties...I wish I had your problems. Here in suburbia all we got are squirrels, rabbits, and an occasional Jehovah Witness.

But I do like that Slingshot idea! As for the squirrels and rabbits....they're just too darn fast.:unsure:
Legal to shoot pests here with pellet rifle so that means rabbits , muskrats and woodchucks. My son-in-law takes it too far imo shoots geese. I wouldn’t with mine 22 pellet his is 177 says it doesn’t penetrate idk about that. Lately we have had prairie chickens walking around but don’t make a mess entertaining so far. Always something on the riverfront from deer to fox and raccoons every kind of bird.

dfattack

Deer got that way for us to ate all of Ingrid’s flowers so I bought a slingshot started plunking them in the hindquarters shouting out them and they left came back less frequently. Dogs work great for deer my daughters labs were always up for a chase.
The more bold they become the daytime visits increase. Most of the damage is at night. As much as I like my plants I'm not sitting up waiting for them to arrive. I like the slingshot idea :)

dfattack

Yes I hear you. I love my house at the lake no matter how much work it is. Kinda like complaining you don't have enough bags to carry all your money to the bank. Not a bad problem to have!

pclark

I left all the plants behind in Oconomowoc where we moved up here to MW. Problem solved.