GoPro Helmet Mounts

donp

I just bought some GoPro Hero3 Black editions and was wondering the best way to mount it to my helmet. Also, if you guys have any pictures of how yours is mounted, could you post them on here? Just looking for some ideas before I make my way north.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention I have a Arctic Cat TXi helmet if that helps.

I also have 2 Brand New Black editions and 1 Silver+ Edition i'd be willing to sell . Let me know if you're interested. Just posted it to the classifieds.

Thanks in advance!

xcr440

It didn't come with the sticky mounts for quick connect/disconnect from what ever mounting surface you want???

donp

It did come with the stick mounts but I was just worried that I would need something more then that so it wouldn't fall off with all the bumps and cold weather. Do those sticky mounts hold up well in the conditions?

xcr440

It did come with the stick mounts but I was just worried that I would need something more then that so it wouldn't fall off with all the bumps and cold weather. Do those sticky mounts hold up well in the conditions?

Yup, put them on warm, no issues.

yoopermike

No issues with mine either coming off, and it's been beaten on. Make sure and clean the helmet surface with rubbing alcohol first also. I like mine on the side of the helmet. I bash a lot of brush and I'd be afraid of it on top. You can kind of see it on the left side of my helmet in this pic.
DSC_0045.jpg

And another one, this one you can see it a little better.

DSC_0064.jpg

This was the original GoPro, and the mount is still on that helmet. Been about 5 or so years now.

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is mounted on the left side. I wouldn't worry about losing it, I've heard the mounts are darn near permanent though can be removed with some extra effort.

Here's a clip from last season on my Cam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ntKt93uVjQ

From my experience shooting the video is the easy part, editing and uploading is the real challenge.

Gary

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

surtrack

I have a Go Pro for the past two years. Almost impossible to lose with the factory mounting. I have mine on the top of the helmet just back enough to open the shield without hitting. My reason for top mount is I can turn my head and get a full view of both sides and front. I have many videos and play them on the computer many times during the summer. I also mount on my motorcycle and enjoy. Mounting is a personal performance. Enjoy !!!

heckler56

I have just used the sticky mount that came with the kit - no problems after several years. My friends have these mounted on their race cars that are on the track taking abuse - never heard of anyone loosing one, even after wrecking the car!

Mine is mounted on the left side of my helmet. I did this since it gives you a view of oncoming traffic and less prone to be hit by branches sticking out into the trail.

donp

Thanks for all the help guys! With all the talk about the factory adhesive mounts, I will just go with those. Thanks for the pictures too, they will be great for reference!

snocrazy

I have broken 2 of the mounts. Tree branches.... Never had issues in the open or trails. I ride the bone jarring 2000 yamaha srx 700.

I use the curved stick on mount on top of helmet. Mounted as far forward as possible where it does not interfere with the visor.