GPS wiring harness

Someone was selling a wiring harness for GPS units for sleds. Not sure but it seemed to have some voltage protection on it? Is this necessary when you don't have a battery? If so who was making these up. Thanks for the help.

rodehard

I have a battery on a yamaha so it is not a problem for me. I do remember postings by a guy that made up a few kits and sold them cheap but I could not find the postings. I know, big help. I did look at the forum connected with redpinemapping.com and found discussion on that site. One guy recommended a kit by Polaris part # 2872214 that has a rectifier and lists for 49.95. Another referred to a how to on the skidoo forum for DIYers. http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Access...oupPacCategory=198&ProductID=861507200&page=2

Good luck

rodehard

Do a search on "rectifier" in this forum to find posters that either built rectifier systems or have part numbers. I guess it is not the problem it used to be because most new sleds have batteries.

mikedrh

We have the KOSO rectifier for $37.95.

They are about the size of a 9 volt battery and very simple to install.

lofsfire

We have the KOSO rectifier for $37.95.

They are about the size of a 9 volt battery and very simple to install.

Go with the KOSO unless you want to have play around with making a rectifier.
I did a few post a few years agot never finished them I had planed on posting the diagram but after it was all said and done my unit was 2 the size and just as expensive.

Besides the KOSO unit you will need a power adaptor. It will drop the volts down from 12v to 5v DC to power the GPS. You can get this off ebay search for "
gps hardwire power adapter" and look for something compatible with you model of gps.

The sled (a pull start sled NO BATTERY) is putting out 12vAC then add the KOSO
rectifier in and it changes to 12vDC then add the a Power adapter in and step it down to 5vDC.

Now if you want to combine the
rectifier and voltge reducer in one unit it might be worth doing. I planed on this but other things have been more important.

PS I think the guy selling them was on HCS.