Groomer barn

wfd123

Hi John,
Just wondering how the fund raising for the groomer barn is going. I could not believe the conditions your drivers and the equipment work in after seeing the video. I am a member of both the Keweenaw and St.Germain BoBoen snowmobile clubs. Most of my riding is in St.Germain but plan 2 trips a year every year to the Keweenaw. Kind of fell in love with the area since my son spent 8 years at Mi Tech. Not bragging but if you ever want to see at state of the art groomer barn come down and visit the BoBoens. Holds 4 groomers with drags attached. Stay safe up there.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The fund raising is coming along. We are over half way towards the total amount needed. We were to go ahead and build it this build season (borrowing the rest of the money), but with all the restrictions currently going on, I am not sure how things will progress. When finished, ours will be able to hold all five of our machines and their drags at the same time. I will have to check out the BoBoens building to see if we can get any good ideas.

Thanks!

-John

slimcake

Our club Sno-Gophers bought a couple acres on the highway last fall to build. Using the money we raise from our charitable gambling (pull tabs, etabs). Well with the bars and restaurants closed there hasn't been any gambling going on. We are not building this year anymore. Sucks. All of this sucks. I agree John you guys NEED a new building. Didn't you have a raffle? I thought I bought tickets for a raffle.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Our club Sno-Gophers bought a couple acres on the highway last fall to build. Using the money we raise from our charitable gambling (pull tabs, etabs). Well with the bars and restaurants closed there hasn't been any gambling going on. We are not building this year anymore. Sucks. All of this sucks. I agree John you guys NEED a new building. Didn't you have a raffle? I thought I bought tickets for a raffle.

Sorry to hear about your building plans being put on hold too. I would like to know more about your pull tabs and etabs and how that works. We are always looking for ways to raise funds without flat out begging!

Our raffle ended on the 7th and the winner was Ryan from SE WI. He took home around $1200.

wirev

Hi John,
Just wondering how the fund raising for the groomer barn is going. I could not believe the conditions your drivers and the equipment work in after seeing the video. I am a member of both the Keweenaw and St.Germain BoBoen snowmobile clubs. Most of my riding is in St.Germain but plan 2 trips a year every year to the Keweenaw. Kind of fell in love with the area since my son spent 8 years at Mi Tech. Not bragging but if you ever want to see at state of the art groomer barn come down and visit the BoBoens. Holds 4 groomers with drags attached. Stay safe up there.

John, it is a very good barn but make sure your rafters are heavy, good and close together as their roof has collapsed twice!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Wowza! I can't even believe that! Don't they have to follow building codes? Or are the codes that weak?

We have to use engineered trusses and they are designed to handle the snow loads we see. Plus are using a metal roof and 5/12 pitch, which will shed the snow naturally too.

Thanks for the info!

-John

dwz

Just a thought John for a fundraiser for the groomer barn, Viking Camp chairs built by JD $100.00 each or two for $200.00. I am down for four if happens.

slimcake

IMG_20200518_083554768.jpg

Site prep is done on our new groomer barn. Don't know how far were gonna go this summer. Need to get the bars open so gambling can resume!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought John for a fundraiser for the groomer barn, Viking Camp chairs built by JD $100.00 each or two for $200.00. I am down for four if happens.

Thanks for the idea. It is a great one! Unfortunately I do not have the free time right now to do the camp chair production on a fundraising scale, but if anyone would like me to make one, I would be happy. I will go with dwz's pricing.

-John