Groomer support and respect

egras

Hey everyone.

I keep reading all these threads and almost everyone. There is someone or couple people writing how bad a groomer driver is doing, or fire that groomer or just total disrespectful to people the volunteer all the free time they have. Each and every groomer operator deserve 100% respect for what they do for all of us. I have ran a groomer many times and still do. You don't just sit back and make magic happen. You are 100% putting heart into that trail to make someone's day.

Let's see how many people respect and support our groomers. Reply respect and show all those a holes what it mean to respect our groomer drivers.

I don't think anyone actually means fire the groomer. I think they are venting to the wrong individuals. I will redirect their anger for you:

Hey clubs and business owners-If you want snowmobilers to visit your area, frequent your establishments and drop a piece of the millions of tourism dollars spent every year in your state on snowmobiling, get your groomers ready to run, funded and scheduled properly. It is done in many areas with great success and is only an excuse in most instances when trails are not kept up. If you do not wish to do this, that is absolutely fine. But, don't get mad when someone gets on this forum and tells everyone the truth about how they should avoid your area.

I know where to go and not go when I frequent the area. I don't feel I am obligated to ride your trails and dump my money in your area. I will do so in areas that want my business. Everyone acts like someone who calls out a trail system or club is a spoiled baby. ?? Many of these folks save for a long time to take these trips. This is not a handout to them or me when I get to go. Why in the **** would I waste my time riding through your crap just because you feel that I should be honored to do so? I know a lot of areas that really cater to the riders and they are the ones who get my business. Why is economics so hard for some folks to understand?

So-to clear up-thanks to all volunteer groomers. If the trails suck in your area, it isn't your fault. Now-is that all cleared up for everyone?

hudson056

egras VERY well said! My group of 5 comes up twice a year, and we spend around $800 per person each trip, if you think we dont pay attention to the forum on areas that lack in grooming your crazy. Ive been on a volunteer fire department for 18yrs now... and if Im doing a crappy job I would like to informed of it so I can fix it... Its called constructive criticism... Volunteering is never easy, I know this. Thanks to all the groomers who put in the hours.

BTW: Headed back to Munising this year, its been far to long, and now the the grooming is fixed we cant wait!