Grooming still Calument North?

JTx2

I would like to bring my family up for one last ride. We would stay in Calumet and ride only above the bridge. Only problem is we can't leave until monday and I need to know if it is 100% legal to ride these trails April 1st or do they close for sure March 31st. I dont care if they arn't groomed but dont want to be illegal. Thanks

radsrh

Trails close the 31st UNLESS they extend the season. Normally only with ideal conditions will they extend. Best bet would be to check the Michigan DNR site and see if they announce a extention otherwise landowners insurance and permission expires at midnight the 31st

garyl62

Trails close the 31st UNLESS they extend the season. Normally only with ideal conditions will they extend. Best bet would be to check the Michigan DNR site and see if they announce a extention otherwise landowners insurance and permission expires at midnight the 31st

This topic is discussed every year and I don't recall all the trail classifications north of Calumet as this thread is discussing, but the fact is trail 3 does not close on March 31. This is a multi use trail and is open year round as are a lot of other trails up there. There are some trails that use private easements and will close, but there is plenty of legal trail riding available after March 31st.

whitedust

This topic is discussed every year and I don't recall all the trail classifications north of Calumet as this thread is discussing, but the fact is trail 3 does not close on March 31. This is a multi use trail and is open year round as are a lot of other trails up there. There are some trails that use private easements and will close, but there is plenty of legal trail riding available after March 31st.

X2 That is what I recall as well.