Hand Guards for 2006 Crossfire??

mn_snowman

I've got a 2006 Crossfire 6 and I would like to install handguard mounts and handguards on my sled. Has anyone installed handguard mounts on an 2006 Crossfire? The 2006 Crossfires have all that plastic moulding around the handlebars...I'm wondering if I have to cut some of that moulding away (which I don't want to do) or if someone knows of mounts that can be installed w/o cutting away the plasting moulding. Thanks.

cuzzinolaf

I've got a 2006 Crossfire 6 and I would like to install handguard mounts and handguards on my sled. Has anyone installed handguard mounts on an 2006 Crossfire? The 2006 Crossfires have all that plastic moulding around the handlebars...I'm wondering if I have to cut some of that moulding away (which I don't want to do) or if someone knows of mounts that can be installed w/o cutting away the plasting moulding. Thanks.

I think they have mounts that connect to the kill switch / high and low beam switch things.

russr

Cat has a kit you can buy that will mouth right up.. keep in mind once you put your guards on, your windshield will hit them and even cause your guards to lock on the back side of the windshield on tight turns..
i went into a tight twistie with mine at a high speed and my bars were locked because of them almost kissed a tree so be careful
now if you put on a rise for the bars that will give u extra room to clear the windshield on tight turns

mn_snowman

Sweet! Thanks RussR. I run a 2" riser and will be installing a flyscreen so hopefully that will work. But if it doesn't, yeah, I hate trees too. Thanks again.

knewton66

I have the same sled...i put a 2 inch rise on it and a low windshield....i put powermadd hand guards on it..is a tight fit but it does work......just be careful when mounting them as to not break any wires...i did on my hot grips.....it was a blessing in disquise as i put on warmer elements and hands stay toasty warm