Handlebar Risers

robinson

Im thinking about putting some risers on my sled, not looking to spend much i have heard the 2 Inch PowerMadd risers are a pretty good deal, but. Any input would be great from you guys.
Thanks!

zimmbob

They are a good price, but if you want to adjust it back and forth, you'll want the articulating ones. Depends on your sled, and the kind of riding you do. If you plan on standing, 2" won't be enough.

indy_500

i went with a 3 inch on my 99 indy 500. i like the 3, just enough for standup riding (i'm 5 ft. 8). the powermadd risers are good deals, worth the money to go at least 2. i would go 3 if you can (my 99 indy 500 coulda gone to 4 without extending anything-i rerouted the brake cable thought to give it some slack)

skullz

Im thinking about putting some risers on my sled, not looking to spend much i have heard the 2 Inch PowerMadd risers are a pretty good deal, but. Any input would be great from you guys.
Thanks!

I would suggest standing on your sled in a riding position, holding your arms out at whatever angle you're comfortable with, and have someone measure the distance between your current handlebars and where your hands are. Depending on what kind of sled you have, you may need to move the bars forward which will require getting a swivel riser, which takes up about 2 inches.

I put a swivel riser and 4" riser on my 98 ZR, and didn't have to extend anything. I did have to reroute.

When you do it, make sure that your throttle cable has some slack at full left and full right turn. You don't want to have the throttle pulled when you turn!

Powermadd makes good stuff.

CatsOnly

how tall are you skullz? Im putting risers on my 00 zl600 and had a 3 in riser on my z440, getting the articulating one and wondering if i should do a 2 or 4 in riser since the articulating one raises it 2 in also