Happy Birthday slimcake

euphoric1

Happy Birthday Slimcake!!! although under unfortunate circumstances was glad to see you chime in recently, hope to hear more form you. Happy Birthday!

slimcake

Thanks guys. Means alot. With Johns passing it has giving me pause in how I go through life. I had a disagreement with John a while back which caused me to sign off. Unfortunately I let some petty comments keep me away from this site. It might sound selfish of me but when John passed all I really wanted to do was apologize to him for getting upset. It was petty. It is his site. Just a life lesson that you never know when you won't have that chance to say something to somebody if you get what I am saying. Been on here since @indy_500 was 14 or fifteen years old. However long ago the "Sled Shed" saga became (when was it Indy??). I always appreciated the way John ran this site. No politics ect. Felt like family here. Met and rode with many I have met simply because of this site. Many of whom I call friends. Can't say that about any other forum I am on. Take care and THINK SNOW!!!!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want to hijack this but Slim made a good point about regretting to mend fences. I worked with a fella and rode with him for a few years. We eventually drifted apart but we would bump into one another in places like the gas station, hardware store, etc. He'd always ask me "when are we gonna get together, have a beer?" I'd reply, "yeah, we need to do that". And then he was gone, unexpectedly. That still haunts me at times. You just never know when you see them for the last time.