Having some issues with the new board format

doospunk

John - Not sure if this is isolated to just myself and the PC's I use, but ever since the upgrade to the board, I've been having some navigation issues. For example - If I'm in any of the discussion boards, and I want to go have a view of the cam ntwk., I can't simply click on Northwoods Cam Ntwk / Trail / AL etc. I move my cursor there, and it highlights it, but won't take me to that page. Instead, I need to go back to the main page by entering the website again, and access it directly from there. This occurs no matter where I am within the board, and nothing on the side bar seems accesible unless I go back to the home screen as if I was just bringing up the website.

I'm guessing it's something on my end, as I'm sure you would have heard about it by now, but wanted to check that off first.

frnash

FWIW, I routinely have John's home page (http://www.johndee.com) on one tab in my browser, and the discussion board (http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/login.php) on another tab. So all I have to do is switch to the home page tab, then click on any of the items in the left-column menu (A.L. Cam, Trail cam, Text or Graphic forecast, NCN, etc.) then perhaps to "home" again. All of which seem to work quite well.

Meanwhile the discussion board remains in its last-used state on its own tab, so I can switch back and forth between tabs at will.

I typically have a dozen or more other tabs in use at any given time as well.
(I'm using Firefox, but the same method also works with MSIE.)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I have not hear of this issue from anyone else, but that does not mean it is not happening to other and it should not happen.

I will send this issue along to Paul, the expert who has helped me so much with the board (still trying to finish that yellow/black book entitled "Vbullettin for Dummies") and will see if he has any suggestions.

-John

Paul

Board Admin
I have not seen or heard of the issue your having so it may be something with the comptuers that your using. A few things to try would be to reset all your web settings back to factory defaults. This normally clears up a lot of problems and might be all you need to do. For IE you want to go to tools, internet options, and advanced. Click on both of the buttons to restore advanced settings and reset. If that doesn't work let me know and I can give you some other things to try, also check in the lower left of the browser window to see if there are any errors that appear when you try clicking on the link.

Paul

doospunk

As it looks now.............., the lower left shows a ! symbol in a yellow triangle with the word (done) next to it. Before I began typing this......, if I moved the cursor over the the page it said (Done, but with errors).

cuzzinolaf

FWIW, I routinely have John's home page (http://www.johndee.com) on one tab in my browser, and the discussion board (http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/login.php) on another tab. So all I have to do is switch to the home page tab, then click on any of the items in the left-column menu (A.L. Cam, Trail cam, Text or Graphic forecast, NCN, etc.) then perhaps to "home" again. All of which seem to work quite well.

Meanwhile the discussion board remains in its last-used state on its own tab, so I can switch back and forth between tabs at will.

I typically have a dozen or more other tabs in use at any given time as well.
(I'm using Firefox, but the same method also works with MSIE.)

This is exactly what I do. Multiple tabs, Firefox, one link for the board and one link for the site.

Paul

Board Admin
As it looks now.............., the lower left shows a ! symbol in a yellow triangle with the word (done) next to it. Before I began typing this......, if I moved the cursor over the the page it said (Done, but with errors).

Your computer is having problems reading something on the site so it shows that it is done but with errors. The first thing to do is to check to make sure your computer has all of the microsoft updates. Then reset all the web settings like I said previously. You could also try upgrading to IE9 if your not there already, that will also reset most of the web settings.

Paul

doospunk

Thanks Paul. After troubleshooting further, I believe you are correct. Its isolated to my one PC vs. both (as I originally thought.) It's on an older version of IE, which may be contributing towards the issue. It's my work PC which was having issue which was having issues with the upgraded version a while back. IT ended up switching me back to the older version because it seemed to work.