Hay Days 2021 - What did you find

600_RMK_144

I gotta say --- It was pretty awesome TO JUST BE THERE after being cancelled last year (WI show just wasn't the same). There were some sleds on the courses and hearing that Braaaaaaap! sure was music to the ears!!!! Saw a dude do a back flip on a sled. On the dirt. Also did my good deed for the weekend as I woke up and stepped out of my truck Saturday morning, there was a wallet sitting on the ground. Managed to find the kid on FB and get it back to him.

What was your haul? Pretty light year for me actually, biggest purchase for myself was a $5 snowmobile keychain. LOL! I did find a booth selling last seasons Fly gear 75% off and got my kid a new jacket & pants. Had a jacket in-hand for myself, but somehow managed to put it back on the rack? I guess since I've bought one pretty much every other year I didn't "need" it too bad.

Also picked up a set of (front) PRO RMK IFS shocks for the kids Indy EVO. Should be an interesting Fall project trying to convert it over to an RMK. It is the PRO Ride chassis and Chris Burnett did the build for his kid, so I know it can be done. Probably not as many resources at my disposal as Burnett however. Hoping I can figure it out, the rear is a bit more complicated than the front (have to relocate both the front and rear skid bolts).

Anyway ---- WHAT WAS YOUR HAUL OR AWESOME DEAL THAT YOU FOUND AT THE SHOW???

elf

Didn't buy much. New gloves, some t-shirts, and a new B&M rear bumper (to match the front). Something I did notice was sleds were priced much higher than previous yrs and there were very few sleds/atv's/SxS's in the swap area. I suppose since you can sell them in a heart beat right now theres no reason to drag them to HayDays. Oh, and I bought a lot of beer and cheese curds!<br><br>It was great getting together with the crew I camp with and the crew I sled with. I was walking into the grounds and ran into Chris Burandt so I talked to him for a bit and got a picture with him. What a nice guy.

SledTL

I love sleds and Haydays but dang it was pricey to enter and park. Picked up a clutch kit for the Viper from Thunder Products. Exhaust and air box mod, will be pushing upper 140s hp :) Excited to see all the people and hear the BRAAAPP from the backflip guy too.

600_RMK_144

I love sleds and Haydays but dang it was pricey to enter and park. Picked up a clutch kit for the Viper from Thunder Products. Exhaust and air box mod, will be pushing upper 140s hp :) Excited to see all the people and hear the BRAAAPP from the backflip guy too.

Don't get me started on the parking. I was near the North gate. Sleep in the truck in the same lot every year. This year they decided that they were charging parking for the full weekend ($60), then you were "supposed" to get a refund if you left Saturday. Something about guys sayin they are leaving the same day and end up staying parked for the entire weekend. "Just stop by here on your way out and we'll get you a refund when you leave Saturday." Whatever. So I head out around 5:30pm. Stop at the gate as they told me too. "Oh, since it's after 3:00pm we are only issuing a refund of $10." ***? Seriously? I don't know what is magical about 3pm, but regardless, they sure didn't say anything about THAT when I paid!!!! TOTAL BS - These lots are getting crazy expensive on what they charge. Of course you can't do anything about it, but they are getting worse every year!!!

wisco-mb

Bought my son a new jacket, bibs, and helmet. The FXR jacket was only about $30 off. The bibs and helmet were about normal price. I did find some other some other casual clothes that were about 40% off. Nothing crazy for deals, but didn't expect any.
I saw two '18 XCR 800's for sale for around $8500. I paid $7200 for mine 1.5 years ago! High used market prices out there.

Here's a video I found with some highlights. Shows the guy backflipping:

harski

As posted in a previous post this was my first time going and it was AWESOME!   Great weather, atmosphere and crowd!  Picked up some carbides, checked out the new Doo's, tried on a CKX helmet I'm interested in, and took in the various motorsport demonstrations.  I'd say there were good deals to be had if you looked hard enough.  I too ran into Chris Burandt and we gave each other the "head nod" which I think was cool.    Yea, parking gets in addition to the entry fees but the atmosphere and entertainment come at a cost and if you want to feel it and see it then it comes at a cost so just go and have fun!   I'd go again if the opportunity arises.   

600_RMK_144

As posted in a previous post this was my first time going and it was AWESOME!* *Great weather, atmosphere and crowd!* Picked up some carbides, checked out the new Doo's, tried on a CKX helmet I'm interested in, and took in the various motorsport demonstrations.* I'd say there were good deals to be had if you looked hard enough.* I too ran into Chris Burandt and we gave each other the "head nod" which I think was cool.* * Yea, parking gets in addition to the entry fees but the atmosphere and entertainment come at a cost and if you want to feel it and see it then it comes at a cost so just go and have fun!* *I'd go again if the opportunity arises.* *

Agreed! I have found over the years that it seems like the big retailers bring all their current stuff to show it off and don't do much for a discount (10% if you are lucky). If you look hard enough, you can find places running 50-75% off. Just gotta do some walking and searching! Regarding C. Burandt --- I hit up his FB account with a private message asking if he had a technician I could bounce some ideas off of as I get ready to start my kids EVO to RMK build since they have already done it. He responded back that he was in the office, give him a call and he can answer my questions. Pretty damn cool that he makes himself available for us small folks. Tells you a lot about a guy when they don't "have" to help, but still "want" too!!!! I talked with him some and he said to give him another call if I hit any snags along the way. Stand up guy IMO!

- - - Updated - - -

Bought my son a new jacket, bibs, and helmet. The FXR jacket was only about $30 off. The bibs and helmet were about normal price. I did find some other some other casual clothes that were about 40% off. Nothing crazy for deals, but didn't expect any.
I saw two '18 XCR 800's for sale for around $8500. I paid $7200 for mine 1.5 years ago! High used market prices out there.

Here's a video I found with some highlights. Shows the guy backflipping:

LOVE IT! I was doing the wiggle dance as I watched him pulling off that back flip. Can you imagine if they don't make it all the way around. Nose first into the dirt. OUCH!!!

wisco-mb

I was on the northwest side watching the jumps, so I couldn't see the landings. I believe on the very last jump(sled), he rolled it a little bit. Announcer said he was ok. I assume he didn't come down perfect, just a little off.

hemi_newman

I would have gone but was busy with my Fire Department remembering 20 years since the attacks that many have forgotten about.

600_RMK_144

I would have gone but was busy with my Fire Department remembering 20 years since the attacks that many have forgotten about.

Definitely not forgotten here my friend! One of the few (it seems anyway) that wears the red white and blue every 9/11. Haven’t missed a single year in 20. They did hay a nice tribute and moment of silence at the show. I also thought 60 Minutes did a nice piece that showed some of what the first responders dealt with that day and beyond. Brought a lot of emotions back watching that.

hermie

Not forgotten here either. I will never forget that day seeing the towers fall and knowing there were alot of people in the towers yet. God bless all of those who passed and our heroes who went in the buildings while others were running out. True heroes.

sweeperguy

You think many people have forgotten? Guess its possible, but not in the circles I run with.
God Bless to all that were lost, then and since because of it.

Don't get me started on the parking. I was near the North gate. Sleep in the truck in the same lot every year. This year they decided that they were charging parking for the full weekend ($60), then you were "supposed" to get a refund if you left Saturday. Something about guys sayin they are leaving the same day and end up staying parked for the entire weekend. "Just stop by here on your way out and we'll get you a refund when you leave Saturday." Whatever. So I head out around 5:30pm. Stop at the gate as they told me too. "Oh, since it's after 3:00pm we are only issuing a refund of $10." ***? Seriously? I don't know what is magical about 3pm, but regardless, they sure didn't say anything about THAT when I paid!!!! TOTAL BS - These lots are getting crazy expensive on what they charge. Of course you can't do anything about it, but they are getting worse every year!!!

Yup that sounds like the Sno Barrons. WOW!