Hay Days roll call

Pat's will be at Haydays! We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Stop by and say Hi! Who is all going?
Its time to get excited for snow season!

600_RMK_144

Wouldn't miss it! Should be a good turn out after a year without. Did see you guys at the WI show last year, but it just wasn't the same as "The Official Start of the Season" event!

elf

We'll be there. Last yr was the first yr we've missed in probably 25 yrs.<br><br>

600_RMK_144

Yep, be there Friday!

Could someone please fill me in on the Friday activities?

I've never been able to get in Friday but always see guys walking thru the gates. Do they have a special Friday pass or maybe a wrist band from a swap spot? I've also heard that some of the best deals are found Friday. I assume that the vendor booths are restricted from selling at that point? Are those deals being made in the swap area?

Thanks!

twistgrip

Could someone please fill me in on the Friday activities?

I've never been able to get in Friday but always see guys walking thru the gates. Do they have a special Friday pass or maybe a wrist band from a swap spot? I've also heard that some of the best deals are found Friday. I assume that the vendor booths are restricted from selling at that point? Are those deals being made in the swap area?

Thanks!

Fridays are when the swappers are allowed in to set up. Vendors set up way earlier than that. In the old days you would have to stay by your spot, now all the food, beer vendors are open and you can walk around.

600_RMK_144

Fridays are when the swappers are allowed in to set up. Vendors set up way earlier than that. In the old days you would have to stay by your spot, now all the food, beer vendors are open and you can walk around.
Gotcha. But can you buy/sell Friday? And how do you get thru the gate?

600_RMK_144

My first time going! I'm planning on going both days. Camping at Wildwood.

My tips would be: 1) For the swap areas specifically... Cash talks. Don't be afraid to make an offer. Especially as the day gets longer. Guys get drunk and will take about any offer you make them. LOL! By Sunday the pickings get slimmer, but the deals get better as guys don't want to have to bring stuff back home. 2) The event can be overwhelming until you get a lay of the land. I still print out a grounds map every year that shows where all the vendors are located and mark the ones I want to be sure I hit. 3) For the vendor areas: The good deals go quick. Within the first hour or two, a stack of helmets, boots, coats, whatever can VANISH! If you see something you are considering, buy it! Or at least keep it in your hands until you make a decision. It very likely won't be there when / if you go back later. 4) Absolute best deals that you MUST hit is Ken's Powersports. They have CRAZY cheap deals on everything from coats & gloves to oil and helmets. That is one booth that I will hit multiple times a day as they have a semi-truck loaded that they continue to put new stuff out throughout the day.

wisco-mb

My tips would be: 1) For the swap areas specifically... Cash talks. Don't be afraid to make an offer. Especially as the day gets longer. Guys get drunk and will take about any offer you make them. LOL! By Sunday the pickings get slimmer, but the deals get better as guys don't want to have to bring stuff back home. 2) The event can be overwhelming until you get a lay of the land. I still print out a grounds map every year that shows where all the vendors are located and mark the ones I want to be sure I hit. 3) For the vendor areas: The good deals go quick. Within the first hour or two, a stack of helmets, boots, coats, whatever can VANISH! If you see something you are considering, buy it! Or at least keep it in your hands until you make a decision. It very likely won't be there when / if you go back later. 4) Absolute best deals that you MUST hit is Ken's Powersports. They have CRAZY cheap deals on everything from coats & gloves to oil and helmets. That is one booth that I will hit multiple times a day as they have a semi-truck loaded that they continue to put new stuff out throughout the day.

Thanks for the tips!
My 2 1/2 year old will be with. He needs a new helmet and clothing. His stroller will turn into the parts carrier! Wife and I do not "need" anything, but sure will be numerous things purchased.

600_RMK_144

Thanks for the tips!
My 2 1/2 year old will be with. He needs a new helmet and clothing. His stroller will turn into the parts carrier! Wife and I do not "need" anything, but sure will be numerous things purchased.

For sure hit up Kens Powersports. I get new coats for the entire family every year! Some racks of coats as cheap as $39 and most are $59. Brand new Castle X and other brands with the tags still on them.

****. I’ve made money buying coats there, wear for a season and re-sell for the same if not more. Crazy how cheap they let stuff go to be honest!

elf

I always say there's nothing I really need but I'm sure there's some things I can't live without!<br><br>

harski

First year going and I really appreciate the tips!  Being a first timer I also am wondering if you can ride your ATV, golf cart etc....from any of the lots to the entrances.   Not sure where I'm parking but some look as if you'd have to drive/walk down the country road a bit.  <br><br>Thanks! <br><br>Harski

600_RMK_144

First year going and I really appreciate the tips!* Being a first timer I also am wondering if you can ride your ATV, golf cart etc....from any of the lots to the entrances.* *Not sure where I'm parking but some look as if you'd have to drive/walk down the country road a bit.**<br><br>Thanks!*<br><br>Harski

No. You can't ride a vehicle up. At least I've never seen it. Parking those would be a nightmare if it were allowed. Lots of guys do bring a wagon for carrying parts thou. It is a long walk for certain... Row after row of TRUCK after TRUCK. I've never seen so many trucks in one place. LOL! I actually come in the night prior (Friday evening) and sleep in my truck so I can have a closer spot + not have to deal with the traffic. The walks back to the truck (with both arms full of stuff) are not fun, so I try to be close to the gates as possible. Wake up and start spending all my money. HA! Must hit Ken's Powersports. Best deals around for sure!

elf

My first time going! I'm planning on going both days. Camping at Wildwood.
<br><br>Enjoy yourself. We've been camping at the Chicken Coop campground since the second yr they moved to the new site. Same group of 4-5 of us every year. Its nice to be able to just wake up, take a quick shower, have some breakfast, and then walk over and be there by 7:00-7:30 each day. This will be our first yr in a long time without kids.<br>
<br>

wisco-mb

<br><br>Enjoy yourself. We've been camping at the Chicken Coop campground since the second yr they moved to the new site. Same group of 4-5 of us every year. Its nice to be able to just wake up, take a quick shower, have some breakfast, and then walk over and be there by 7:00-7:30 each day. This will be our first yr in a long time without kids.<br>
<br>
Is that just dry camping, or do they offer water fill/pump? Big advantage just walking over to hay days, vs paying for parking and dealing with lines.
I was contemplating going there. Since I got my boy, I figured he would enjoy the pool/playground. Figured try Wildwood first.

Glad you enjoyed it joks79. A coworker said she had camped there before and good things to say. She also went to the waterpark close by with her kids.

Do the gates officially open at 7am?