Haydays Swap Sites Sold Out

minnesotagirl

So here's my question - what are the chances of showing up without a pre-bought space and getting in?

In case anybody is looking to make a buck - I came across a post on CL for a guy looking to buy or share a space (no it's not me or anyone I know)http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/wan/1341899140.html
It's what made me realized I may be SOL for getting in this year
sad.gif

Firecatguy

hahah---- resale the spot...lol

this is going to be good one this year..

I'm glad we are just going as spectators as this is going to be a mess..

MNgirl--if you show up late Thur or very early Fri you might get a spot in someone yard across the street---but my guess is YOU BETTER BE EARLY as those will probably go VERY FAST and will be VERY big MONEY..

2buckchuck

I don't get it, it is the same amount of space as always (next year moves to a new spot right?). I bet lots of people reserved space and will decide to not show up - plans change, things happen, trailers end up being shorter than the 30 foot increments or whatever they are.

I'd just show up, you have a good chance of getting a spot - it won't be prime, but I bet it will be inside.

S

scott_l

I heard the town ship will not let people swap in the ditches this year. I am assuming you will still be able to in private yards but don't know how far from the road you will have to be. Again I just heard this don't know it for a fact.

famousguy

Sounds like they are just jacking up the price sky high this year.

30 foot spot??? Cmon who picked that number?? Ohh wait, maybe they hired a bean counter and he did the math that almost any truck and trailer will be over 30 feet and they will need to buy 2 spots at $60 each.

ezra

I havent not swapped at hay days in over 10 yrs.saying forget it this year kinda sad but what ever still have a few buds swapping so I can have them bring in a cooler and seat for me .I am swapping at outlaw this sat alot cheeper than 60 for a truck and 25 bucks to get in. thay charge for 2days eaven if swapping olny 1.

jamiedesmet

WOW!! That is a crazy thread on HCS. There is great reason for people to be upset about the way Sno-Barons has handled these changes. If the city is limiting the number of swappers or wants bigger safety lanes than that is how they should of explained it. Since they didn't it seems way to obvious that they want to limit 'casual swappers' by forcing people to buy more real estate at an inflated price. Personally I have never brought stuff to swap and only purchased so far. It won't hurt my feelings if the sellers with non-motorsport items don't show as I go to this event looking for snowmobile related items.

Firecatguy

well the only people I have seen that wont\did not get in this year are sledders so lets just see we did get all the spots? as my guess is the hub cap guy and tire guy have swap spots..

1blue99srx600

So, I have never been and just bought a skidoo and need some clothes, studs, carbides etc, is it gonna be worth it? I don't need hubcaps and tires! My dad and I were planning on going up Sat morn to shop?

minnesotagirl

blue99 - if it's not too much to make two trips to MN I would say come for the outlaw grass drags this weekend in princeton. If you don't find what you need, then try haydays.

S

scott_l

Personally I do like the outlaw grass drags just a little bit more. But Hay Days is still a very good event. There are a lot of vendors that are trying to get rid of last years goods usally at a good price. But you have to know what a good price is before you get there. Because there are a few vendors that might mark up their prices a little because its "Hay Days" (same for swappers). As far as the swap yes there is some crap in there but not as much as some are saying!

In order to see it all in one day you have to be there first thing in the morning, and don't plan on sitting much! I would bring your shorts, jeans, T shirt, sweat shirt, rain gear OK you get the point some years its 95 and bright sun and last year we had rain and wind Sunday morning. Remember you are in a hay field with the only protection from mother nature being tents that vendors put up for the weekend!

Over all still a very good event!

snowlover

It will be interesting at Hay Days this year. I am not swapping this year there, may not even go.
I am getting stuff ready for the Outlaw Grass Drags today. Just things I found lying around, mainly xlt parts. It is $30 for a truck and a 2 place trailer, for the whole weekend. Can't beat that. I still have to pay $10 to get in but worth it to watch the races and people. I plan on buying a few things for my sled and a jacket for the kid.
Stop by, I will have a black Yukon XL with a perfect dent from a tree in the rear 1/4 panel on the passenger side. Most likely if it is cool wearing my Team Balls Deep shirt.

1blue99srx600

Scott l- Thanks for the heads up, I have been doing my research on pricing, and If I cant get what I want for a fair or good price I can always just get it off ebay or store or shop online and take my chances. I have held off buying anything except for a new helmet just to see whats there. I have clothes but I can't ride a Skidoo w/Yamaha gear!!! ;)