Heated Shield

rlspol

I have had to buy a new shield and only shield I could get was heated. Question is since I have electric start on a 2009 Switchback can I connect the wires directly to the battery rather than tying into a hot wire. Thanks for the help.

T

Team Elkhorn

I connected our directly to the batterys with no problems. Just remember to unplug it when you park for any length of time.

If you look up near the steering post under the hood above the air box there is a empty 2 wire plug You can buy a plug that matchs it from napa. And it will plug right in I think it's like $3

rlspol

Skeeter, is this plug coming off ingnition wiring harness up by ingnition switch? Looks like there are 3 wires going into plug.

anonomoose

The problem with running from the battery is that it is a long run, is not fused, and there is no switch meaning it is on when you plug it in, and off only when you unplug it. Rather than take a chance that the long wire gets chaffed and shorts out going all the way to the battery, take the time to find a "hot" wire under the cover of the handle bar and connect the wire to that. It will be fused, won't be as likely to short out and when the key is off so will the power to the shield.