Helmet Electric Sbhield

zozo2

Looking for an electric shield for a Polaris Modular Helmet. Part number is 2852435. No longer available, but I'm hoping someone might have one sitting on a shelf unsold. This is made for a 2002+ Modular Polaris Snowmobile Helmet. New preferred, but used is possible if the lens are still in near perfect condition.

Last edited:

dsegler31

Check out Ebay. I found one of these in some old Polaris parts I had, it is a NOS one from a dealer that I bought out all their old inventory. I listed it on there before I saw your post here looking for one.

mrbb

well just adding this take as you like, no bash meant but helmets should be replaced every so many yrs, this is why they have dates by LAW on them Most makers recommend replacing every 5 yrs or so so being a 2002 era helmet here maybe be just better off updating to a new helmet that you know is good as time to find out one is aged , isn't when you need it! so, food for thought here maybe?

Last edited:

zozo2

mrbb - Thanks for the reminder; but I think we're still interested, and still looking, although I'm not sure with the cost being what it is.

zozo2

Thanks to those who have posted remarks to the thread; I had one that looked real promising, but it turned out the electric shield in the Polaris Box showing the part number that I am still seeking (#2852435) was not the one inside the box. For further clarification, the Polaris label for Part Number 2852435 shows that the electric shield (inside the box) is "...SHIELD, ELEC FOR '02 MOD HLMT..." Still hoping one shows up one day. The helmet that I am purchasing this now obsolete shield for is in like-new condition, but the clear shield itself is simply no longer clear; I consider the risk of using my helmet with "blurred vision" is considerably much greater that using a helmet of this vintage that may or may not have lost its integrity because of its age if I can just find a like-new electric shield somewhere. Hoping...

OP, I have a new OEM Polaris electric shield #2851437. Not the part number you are looking for, but you can text a pic to me at 612-719-4158 to see if the shape is the same as yours. Thanks. John