Helmet ?

Sweep800

Anyone have the 509 r4 helmet? How do you like it? Any fogging issues without plugging it in? I've always had the AF-2 helmet with no electric shield and never fog. But... it's getting challenging to find replacement parts so was thinking of trying something new. My son got a HJC I believe and the thing fogs between the duel lens.(dealer replaced the lens two times already) Would prefer not to plug in but if that's the only option now a days I'd venture down that road. I really only trail ride. (My apologies if this chat was in a previous post) Or perhaps any other helmet recommendations would help. Appreciate your guys input. Thanks

hermie

I just got the r3 which is pretty close besides not be modular. The skirt is real nice but needs to be longer keeps coming out of my jacket but when it stays in no I get no air on my face. I did get the ignite series so I can't speak for not fogging without electric shield but the other day my plug came out and I didn't fog. The drop-down sun visor is kinda useless as most times it has moisture on it but I have found this to be true with most helmets.

tsg

Son and I both have R4's with electric shields. Came from Ski Doo Modular 3's which were nice, but I like the 509 better. Fits well, good features with nose cone, vents, no "breath box" and never fogs up, but I do use my electric shield most of the time, which I am not a true fan of. As stated above, the neck skirt is nice, with magnetic pieces to keep on bottom of helmet, but does come out of my jacket as well. Also had a side shield piece fly off, 509 service was great, had new piece in 3 days. Good helmet and shop around, as you should be able to get a good deal, but that can depend on color.

Stench

I have the R4... Love it. Never fogs.... and it survived a pretty good crash last season. I hit my head hard enough to not remember anything leading up to the crash or for about 2 hours after... broke the sun visor off of the top.
Have inspected it thoroughly and still wearing it this season. The inside drop down shaded visor is good on sunny days.
Also have the 509 open faced helmet with a pair of matching ignite goggles... Bought it after I realized the 509 goggles wouldn't fit well in the FXR helmet I had purchased... FXR helmet is on our auction site right now.... Nice helmet, just not the right one for me... States it's an out of box unit, but never worn riding. THIS MODEL DOES NOT HAVE THE HEATED SHIELD... but does have the drop down shaded visor inside.
https://airauctioneer.com/john-dee-...t=Mf4V5chBplYCBCltpSQ2XJY5PxycIKAFDJYScj2Cafw

snoden

Sweep take a look at the mission helmet from CKX. Its not a modular style but with the large opening you can eat, drink and chat with your buddies easily. Just an option, I tried the R4 but felt all crammed up inside and sent it back.

Sweep800

Thanks for the replys. I'll do a little more research.

Is the Polaris Blaze helmet an ancestor of the AF-2 and the Cyclone 2.0 ?

Sweep800

Well I went with the Mission/carbon . Thanks for the heads up. Has similar characteristics as my AF-1. Hoping it is as good. Don't want to plug in if I don't have to. Heading up this weekend to give it a try.

eagle1

Think I may try one of those eventually too. Look forward to your thoughts.
Have a Castle X now, way too drafty when cold. Also have older Ckx tranz modular which always worked good.