Help me Decide Which Inline Trailer to Buy Sno Pro or Stealth

doofan1

So Ive been shopping for a 4 place inline for some time now. I think I have it narrowed down to 2. After looking at Legend, Triton, MTI, Neo and probaly something else.

A Sno Pro Stealth $8400.00 or a Stealth Predator at $8500.00 Both trailers are the same size 22 foot box plus a 5 foot V. Both have Torson Axles. 3K rated on Sno Pro 3.5K on Stealth. Both have finished interior walls. Both have all LED lights. The Stealth has a finished ceiling and a 4 foot cabinet in it. The Stealth has 16" on center floors, roof and walls. I think the Sno Pro has 16" on center on the walls and roof only. The Sno Pro does have 2 large beams under the trailer that run the entire length the Stealth does not. The Sno Pro has plastic vents the Stealth hs aluminum vents that can be closed.

When I looked at the Sno Pro it was sitting next to a Triton. The dealer pointed all of the similar constuction between the two and noted the 2K difference in cost. The thing that had me a bit concerned about the Sno Pro is when I went inside of it there was water by each of the vents front and rear. Not much but none the less water. This was right after it rained so I figured it was a good time to look. Dealer told me it was a fluke and must be a bad seal easy to fix.

Warranty on the Stealth is 3 years vs Limited Lifetime on the Sno Pro. Dealer really could not answer the "Limited" part. My guess is that it is limited to what they are willing to fix or until the company goes under o changes names ETC.

I'm sure there are better trailers out there and far worse ones. I figured for the price these are pretty good middle of the road trailers.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

ottomania

Cant comment on those 2 trailers. But we bought a legend trailer a few years ago for the same price. It was unfinished so we did it ourselves. The trailer came with a 15 year warranty on the floor which was a selling point for us. Just my two cents

RHFD547

The seal is an "easy fix" for who, you or the dealer? Plastic vents versus aluminum is a no brainer. My bet is, the 2 large beams under the floor are for support of weakly built floor. I believe I would spend the extra $100.00 and know what you are getting for a warranty and not have to make repairs before you even use it.

switch07

I bought a Stealth Predater 22 foot box last year and love it. The only problem I had was some of the hardware, screws on the bottom trim and cam lock bar hardware rusted. I am bringing it in to the dealer next week as Stealth has sent a complete new hardware kit for it no questions asked. Apparently they had a bad batch of hardware last year and are standing behind all problems. For the money, and service, I would buy again.

doofan1

I finally took the plunge and bought the stealth predator. Towed it home from Madison Pulls nice Its has the rain block floor. Trying to decide if I need to put track mats and ski protectors in it or not. I've been told this flooring is hard and carbides and studs really do not affect it.

What to you guys that have this type of flooring do?

switch07

I just put guides and a mat on the front ramp for loading. I use ski boots on my skis when the carbides are new and once they are worn a bit there is no problem at all. I like a clean floor with no obstructions on the inside in case I use the trailer for other reasons. (like when my step daughter finally moved out, lol) Good choice, it's a nice trailer.

I finally took the plunge and bought the stealth predator. Towed it home from Madison Pulls nice Its has the rain block floor. Trying to decide if I need to put track mats and ski protectors in it or not. I've been told this flooring is hard and carbides and studs really do not affect it.

Have this floor and love it. Hard as a rock. Brand new carbides didn't leave a mark. Had one guy accidentally spin his studded track on the first trip and there was no evidence of it. I wouldn't worry about floor damage.

snobinge

We put 1/4" OSB over the entire floor of our R&R. Much cheaper than guides/matts and when you end up selling it you pull it up and have a brand new floor!

duramax

Bought a 29 legend inline last fall, and the floor can take a beating, and It sounds like you have a similar floor. I don't have pics in any of my sleds, and the carbides do not dig in to the floor at all. I have never ran track mats or ski guides in any of my trailers, I never felt the need to use them. Just my .02.

- - - Updated - - -

Have this floor and love it. Hard as a rock. Brand new carbides didn't leave a mark. Had one guy accidentally spin his studded track on the first trip and there was no evidence of it. I wouldn't worry about floor damage.

Well said rupp collector.

moose822

I have a 25' Stealth and the floors are hard as rocks. I also had a throttle happy friend that slun his stupid studded track up the ramp...no damage at all to the floor. It did tear up the fold down 8" ramp at the leading edge of the door.

halfpint

We also have a stealth, with the rain block floor. We put ski guides in, and traction bars on the ramps. Our sleds are all studded and no stud marks so far. The trailer pulls great. I think you'll be happy with it.

dfattack

After having the trailer now do you think you can get 4 machines in a 22' trailer? I bought a legend 29' trailer on Legend's advice because I wanted a 4 place trailer too. I know i can get 3 long track sleds in there comfortably, but have never tried to get 4 sleds in but can tell it will be very tight if at all possible. I have Apex XTX's and a Venture 2 up.

Just curious how the 22' trailer is working out for you with 4 sleds.

samc

Yes you can. I have a Stealth 23 ft. and we get 3 144’s and a 136 in it all the time but it is tight. The pic is with the family sleds. 144, 136 and 2 121’s. The 7 yr. olds Ovation is small enough that we don’t need to reverse it in.
Sleds in trailer.jpg

dfattack

Yes you can. I have a Stealth 23 ft. and we get 3 144’s and a 136 in it all the time but it is tight. The pic is with the family sleds. 144, 136 and 2 121’s. The 7 yr. olds Ovation is small enough that we don’t need to reverse it in.
View attachment 43169

Wow is that tight! But you did it. Nice...I can't get two sleds side by side in my trailer. They have to be staggered.

doofan1

dfattack

I have only had one ATV in the trailer on the way back from deer camp this weekend. I will be putting my sleds in it soon. overall it is 27 feet long so everything I read and pictures ive seen shoudl allow me to get all 4 (2) 121's and (2) 136's without much problem.

So far I really like the way it pulls although my kids tell me its bumpy in the back of the suburban now.