Help with a LXT Polaris Turbo

joeswitch

Hi Everyone

Just got back from the UP family trip and this was the first chance we had to ride a new sled I bought for the family.

Having two issue's with my 2014 LXT Turbo 2 up Touring it only has around 700 miles on it.

First issue is the seat gets really hot while riding to the point you have to stand up for a while to cool off. I can't find anything in the manual that discusses this as far as I know if it does not have a heated seat as an option. My only guess is the heat exchanger must run under the seat if this is the case any ideas on how to insulate? if it doesn't any ideas on where the heat is coming from?

Second issue is half the time we shut it off it would not restart for several minutes. The temperature was running around 178 to 183 degrees which is in range according to the manual. After turning the key on and off several times it would always start but I got to the point where I did not shut it off while fueling from fear it would not restart.

Any ideas would great.

Think Snow

Joe

dofo1

The heat issue is a feature to some people, I find that my right foot gets hot but my seat seems fine, there is a lot of heat generated by the turbo so you may want to look into SLP under hood vents to help. The starting problem needs further information, when you say it doesn't start do you mean it won't turn over or it turns over but the engine won't fire up? If it's not cranking check the battery connections and the ground connection next to the battery or there is a chance that the key switch is bad (try unplugging and plugging back in).

There is a Polaris FST Owners group on Facebook that has a lot of following.

Last edited: