Help

Where are all the grease zerks on a SHIFT? I seen 3 on the rear skid. I recall greasing more than that but can't find them. Is there a diagram online? Thanks!

xcsp

Been a while since I had my Shift, but should be 2 on the cross tube on the front torque arm and 2 on the rear torque arm of the rear skid. Should also be one on the driveshaft bearing flange (below driven clutch).

Also, I recall one being located on the steering post at the top support mount/bracket.

J.Glenn

Where are all the grease zerks on a SHIFT? I seen 3 on the rear skid. I recall greasing more than that but can't find them. Is there a diagram online? Thanks!

Not sure which year/specific model you have, but I suspect it doesn't matter. Either way, here is a link to Polaris' website which you can select your specific model and download the owners manual for free. It tells you in there where the grease fitting zerks are located. It is listed under the maintenance section.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/models

Just downloaded it. Awesome. Thanks for the help. Another thing, I was wanting to run some injector cleaner thru it, is there a certain product I should use or ones to stay away from?

J.Glenn

Sorry, don't have good advice for you on that. I'm sure you'll find a variety of other opinions though from others on here.

catalac

Get ya a can of Seafoam and dump her in.
You could use the Lucas fuel injector cleaner also. Might be better than the Seafoam.