Here's the Latest from John

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's some excerpts from emails I've exchanged with John. He said it was fine to share with all, so here goes....

I'm still here at Mayo. Things are improving. My counts have really started to rise. I was 31,000 on Monday, so they gave me a transfusion. I jumped to 59,000 right after the infusion and then dropped to 54,000 by yesterday morning's blood draw. This morning they had jumped to 70,000 and I did not get a transfusion, so that 26,000 jump was all my body's work. All of us (including the Dr's) were very happy about that. So as it stands now, as long as my platelets do not drop more than 1000-4000 by Friday morning then I should be able to go home Friday.

I am keeping my emotions in check, as there have been 2 times where it looked like I was going home the next day and could not. I will get excited when my butt is in my truck and I am pulling away from the hospital!

Thanks for all you do for the discussion board. I am trying to figure out how to get emails from each post like I did with the previous board, but have been stumped. To tell the truth, I have not worked too hard on it as we are going to be building a new home starting in the next few weeks and need to get the apartment above my shop all set for us to live in while the new house is being built. We are tearing down the old place this autumn as well. So before all this medical crap happened, I was very busy with that. The fact that I have been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks has not helped out either!

Anyway, please feel free to spread the word to anyone that is wondering. I may write a quick note on the site tomorrow if it looks like I will be coming home Fri or Sat.

switch07

Glad to hear things may be getting better John. You are in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Mike & Wendy

fjr4me

Great to hear that things are looking up and going in the right direction.

Good luck with the new house build!

mezz

Thank you for that Gary. Excellent news, glad to hear this, I've been wondering what was happening. I hope it all continues to go in the right direction for you John. I'm sure you are more than ready to head home.

skiroule

Thanks for the update Gary. Starting to think about going home is a very good thing. Hoping to hear soon that John is on his way back to his home and family in the U.P.