Hey Follow Me!!

skeedoo

Check out these tools... the sled in front is braking in an avalanche and his buddy that followed him up the hill slams into him trying to get the heck out of there. What a Cluster F***, one at a time!!! Man, that hill looks like something I would have loved to play on... just another eye opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IItP7dVoYc&feature=player_embedded

This second one shows that tree's being your anchor system to prevent an avalanche is not always the case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDHbSMr8vhU&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:

cuzzinolaf

That first video scared me to death before one of our west trips. I almost bought a ABS bag just because of that video.

Firecatguy

very scary videos....glad all where ok!!!!!!wow....one on the hill for sure......always watch your buddy!!!!if somethin happens keep a good eye on last place you seen friend!!!!

willey

That is some crazzy video. Scarry stuff for sure. Gonna make sure I get myself to a avy class this year for sure. I got to much on the line not to come home after a trip out west. Eye opening stuff!!!

skeedoo

Wow! The guy in the 2nd video was very lucky. what happened to the guys in the first video?

Ya Wayne I was thinking the same thing about being lucky - usually while riding trees your not able to see your buddies very good... if at all. I put myself in his shoes and thought what if my friends didn't see me get taken by an avy. Screwed for sure. Very Lucky Guy!!

willey

Avy class at Century Powersports in Stillwater MN December 3 6-10 pm if anyone is interested. Found the dates on Snowest.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Avy class in Grand Rapids. Who is going? I will go. Carter would have kittens watching 3 guys going up that obvious slide hill. lucky to out run, but not the norm.

RevKev

Kev, you need a place to stay, after the Avy class? Also are we bunking together at Cooke this yr.? Who needs to make reservations or is Rick or Jacob doing this for us?

No I will be coming Home after the class, as I have to be at work at 6am. Get ahold of Rick or Jacob. I know we will be staying at the Cooke City Super 8.

skeedoo

No I will be coming Home after the class, as I have to be at work at 6am. Get ahold of Rick or Jacob. I know we will be staying at the Cooke City Super 8.

Kevin and Wayne, You guys doing the Moms trip to Cooke? I'm thinking about jumping on that trip. Was 2 spots left last time I checked with Rick Mom.

jmom800x

Great thread.....Scary stuff.
Anyone who rides out west at ALL. Should sign up for an avy class and carry the proper gear.
I can get beacons, probes and shovels from snobunje.com for discounted prices.
contact momsmotorsports@hotmail.com