HJC Helmets anyone?

Hoosier

I know you can still get the replacement frames and many outfitters still have framed models in stock but I was told they actually don't offer the framed models as a package (frame and helmet) anymore. When I bought mine he said he had several framed type electric shield HJC helmets left but none in the larger sizes. Anything over an XL helmet all he had was the newer frameless units. Maybe I am wrong, just going by what they told me.

I assume you can't install a framed lens on a helmet that came as a frameless.....??

On another note:

While in Michigan we always stay by Pat's in Greenland. When we ride north we usually stop and see Chad at M&M to look around. I really liked the look of the GMax GM11s Trekka helmet he had. It looks like a motocross helmet but can be bought with an electric flip up shield. They didn't have any large enough for me and their website shows 2XL as the biggest available. I don't think it would fit. The XL Chad had wasn't even close so I can't see the 2X fitting. I ran into one guy at Krupps and one guy at the Rousseau Bar that had this helmet and they love it, said no leaks and the electric shield worked great. Zoan makes a similar one called the Synchrony.

I'd be really interested to hear how these work. I'm really overdue for a new lid, but living in Indiana, it's hard to get to a shop to try them on. I like the idea of the full face but that you could run goggles if you wanted to also.

journeyman

My lord, can it be made any skimpier? I hope my cl-15 with the full plastic shield lasts forever! That shield is a joke.

Yes, I prefer the older lens myself. Thanks for the info xcsp. That is good to know. I talked with the manager of Bob's and he siad he'd take care of me and they did. I drove up to their St.Paul store after work and they had a new shield (frameless of course waiting for me). I tip my hat to them, they took care of me. That's good customer service!!

Buddah, the dealer here that showed they have it (Gmax Trekka) in stock is Motoprimo in Lakeville,Mn. I stopped by their store but unfortunately they had none. An employee told me their website makes it look as though its in stock but they just get most of them from a warehouse. I did try a similar one on I liked, the FXR Torque X with an electric shield. It was a 2XL and like you said about the Gmax, it felt tight with the breath shield but when I took it out it was ok. I normally where a Klim balaclava with the breath shield in the mask.